Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Relegation Odds 21/22 Season

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Spread Markets continue to like what they're seeing on the pitch.
Pricing us now at 51pts and 10th spot.
Up from 46pts & 12th at the start of the season.

Everton sitting one spot above us in ninth and we're 6-4 favourites to turn them over on Saturday.

PL Pts 21-22   27-08-21.PNG

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Everton sitting one spot above us in ninth and we're 6-4 favourites to turn them over on Saturday.

View attachment 139820
Norwich and Watford are going dahhhhn, let's just hope Palace are the third :)
[MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] changed your mind yet? There's no way Norwich and Watford will both stay up, one will go down, both already look way out of their depth

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Surprises me that Brentford are already out to 3/1 and Palace are so short at 5/4 on. Those teams should be swapped around in my opinion.
Agreed. Especially sad expansive Pats lads had twice the shots Brentford did at home… hold on…. Something wrong with the stars fr this game surely…? Expansive Pat.
Well I'm with the bookies. I had a hunch Brentford would survive well before the start of the season, as they are a well run club. To me, they are a smaller version of the Albion.

On the other hand, Palace's luck has just run out. Loads of players out of contract at once along with their rubbish ground suggests to me that they are a bunch of spivs who have no long term plan. I think they might go this season but 5/4 is too short for me I'd want around 7/4 I think.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Norwich and Watford are going dahhhhn, let's just hope Palace are the third :)
[MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] changed your mind yet? There's no way Norwich and Watford will both stay up, one will go down, both already look way out of their depth

I'll change my mind when there aren't 3 other teams who don't look as shite.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
On the other hand, Palace's luck has just run out. Loads of players out of contract at once along with their rubbish ground suggests to me that they are a bunch of spivs who have no long term plan. I think they might go this season but 5/4 is too short for me I'd want around 7/4 I think.

Some of that could also apply to Newcastle and Burnley. They may not have lots of players out of contract but you do get the impression that Burnley are winging it and Newcastle have a toxic atmosphere around the place. Palace always seem to fluke their way out of trouble.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

View attachment 139820

Buy Newcastle and Man Utd. Sell Southampton. Those are my hunches. Also, I'd doubt Norwich and Watford accumulate that many points.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Buy Newcastle and Man Utd. Sell Southampton. Those are my hunches. Also, I'd doubt Norwich and Watford accumulate that many points.

Goals are vital and Newcastle will score enough to survive whilst Palace will struggle. Buy Newcastle is sound advice.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

I'd sell Arsenal. They're clearly not going down but I can't see them getting 55 points

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Agree totally regarding Newcastle. For me they put in enough good performances to stay clear of relegation. As for Palace, I think they will miss old Roy and the stability he brought and his nous. It was time for him to go but I do not feel he has been well replaced.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I dont understand spread betting but to see we are 18-1 just after beating Watford and Burnley is a surprise

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'd sell Arsenal. They're clearly not going down but I can't see them getting 55 points
They have accumulated more in the last 2 seasons.

They're not suddenly weaker ! Don't believe the hype

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Some of that could also apply to Newcastle and Burnley. They may not have lots of players out of contract but you do get the impression that Burnley are winging it and Newcastle have a toxic atmosphere around the place. Palace always seem to fluke their way out of trouble.
I disagree with you there.

Newcastle are run by a hard nosed businessman, and managed by Bruce who doesn't pull up any trees but is competent. I don't think Burnley are winging it, but are going through a take over so that could go either way. In the meantime, Dyche is also competent and very pragmatic. He'll do what he needs to do to finish clear of the bottom 3 I think on balance.

Palace have been over-spending for years now, and the number of senior players out of contract this season wreaked of incompetence, a feeling that is compounded by their laughable suggestions of ring fencing millions for ground improvements which have never happened. They are a disaster waiting to happen, and I think that could well be this season. Fingers crossed because when it does happen, they are going to spend years finishing behind us.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I disagree with you there.

Newcastle are run by a hard nosed businessman, and managed by Bruce who doesn't pull up any trees but is competent. I don't think Burnley are winging it, but are going through a take over so that could go either way. In the meantime, Dyche is also competent and very pragmatic. He'll do what he needs to do to finish clear of the bottom 3 I think on balance.

Palace have been over-spending for years now, and the number of senior players out of contract this season wreaked of incompetence, a feeling that is compounded by their laughable suggestions of ring fencing millions for ground improvements which have never happened. They are a disaster waiting to happen, and I think that could well be this season. Fingers crossed because when it does happen, they are going to spend years finishing behind us.

I think this season is absolutely key for Palace. It's their reset year. Survive it, and they ought to improve, however gradually. But it's such a huge reset (they were daft getting rid of Cahill, for instance), this is going to be such a tough year for them.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Marching out the league together @11s seems a bit slim but I'm sorely tempted.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Wolves seem awful. Jota was under the radar their best player and they’ve never hit those heights since, Jimenez possibly still affected by that head injury. They cut back on the spending and the new coach appears to be a rabbit in the headlights.

But apart from all that ….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here