Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Relegation Odds 21/22 Season

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Add in the eventual Play-Off winner and we're out to tenth in line in the betting markets for next season - a far cry from previous years.
Bookmakers certainly see us knocking on the door of a Top Ten finish next season and I'd say they're right on the money.

Relegation Odds  2021-2022 Season.PNG

Watford, Play-Off winner & Leeds to fill the 3 spots.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
With no ins and outs yet I'd say all that is pretty redundant.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Our odds are a bit all over the shop though aren't they?

Palace's are reasonably consistent, as they should be for an established premier league side.
Bookies should be confident that they will be staying up.

oh.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Add in the eventual Play-Off winner and we're out to tenth in line in the betting markets for next season - a far cry from previous years.
Bookmakers certainly see us knocking on the door of a Top Ten finish next season and I'd say they're right on the money.

View attachment 137157

Watford, Play-Off winner & Leeds to fill the 3 spots.

Remarkable what you can tell from 12,000 miles away.

No one can have any idea as to what is going to happen yet, we haven't even had the summer transfer window. Let's wait and see as the new season develops.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Remarkable what you can tell from 12,000 miles away.

No one can have any idea as to what is going to happen yet, we haven't even had the summer transfer window. Let's wait and see as the new season develops.

Indeed, and at least 3 new managers required. The odds should be much better than those quoted in order to tempt anyone.

White Fan man

Oct 25, 2020
Southampton - Swansea if they beat Brentford - Watford and Norwich if they sell Buendia are my favourites for relegation. 32 points should be safety mark. Think Villareal showed that the Premier League is not as good as the Premier League think it is. This season was weak with bottom 3 getting fewer points and top 2 getting fewer points which is why your 41 points wasn't very good either.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Southampton - Swansea if they beat Brentford - Watford and Norwich if they sell Buendia are my favourites for relegation. 32 points should be safety mark. Think Villareal showed that the Premier League is not as good as the Premier League think it is. This season was weak with bottom 3 getting fewer points and top 2 getting fewer points which is why your 41 points wasn't very good either.

2 Champs league finalists and nearly 2 europa league finalist suggests its still the best quality

White Fan man

Oct 25, 2020
Spain is strange. COVID has had a big impact on the top clubs spending plus RM are rebuilding their stadium (have a look at those that haven't see what they are doing). Both Barca and RM are coming to the end of eras where the teams need to be rebuilt. RM have better young players but are not necessarily playing them. Both sides are heavily in debt.
Italy is skint and France have PSG who have lost the title to Lille. TV deal has affected clubs in France which is how Leeds got Raphinia for only 17m. Leicester have also got some good players from France recently.

English clubs have the best TV deal but I still don't think the quality is that good considering most can sign any decent player from a foreign league. Within 2 years once COVID has been controlled expect the European giants to make a comeback. It might be a good thing as they will have to concentrate on their academies. Despite its wealth only one English side had a striker who scored more than 20 league goals and Man City won the league without playing a centre forward for most of the season.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I look at it more as throwing money away.

It really isn't. Betting is all about finding odds that are higher than the likelihood of the outcome. I'd put our chances of being relegated nearer the 5/1 that certain bookies are offering, rather than the 9/1 that others are. As another example, you'd have got decent odds on Sheff Utd being relegated at the start of the season (somebody might be able to post the oddstracker from back then), and even better odds on them finishing bottom.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
In the 4 years Brighton have been in this league we have finished between 15th and 17th place. The bookies seem to think we are going to do better next season, and I hope there right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here