Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Covid Passports *may* allow return to full Premier League crowds

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Possibly lost in all the Cummings, Hancock, Johnson kerfuffle, but something from Michael Gove to the Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee today.

“So, to take a case in point, if it is the case that we want to see the restoration of Premier League football, which I certainly do, then in order for that to happen we would want to have, and indeed Premier League teams would also want to have, their stadia full to maximum capacity.

“Certification may play a role in that if the alternative were to, for example, to continue with social distancing and other forms of restrictions such as crowd capacity limits.

“So, in that sense, and that is just one example, the deployment of certification and the investment in that infrastructure would enable the economic and social life of the country to return more quickly and safely.”​

DavePage

Possibly lost in all the Cummings, Hancock, Johnson kerfuffle, but something from Michael Gove to the Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee today.

“So, to take a case in point, if it is the case that we want to see the restoration of Premier League football, which I certainly do, then in order for that to happen we would want to have, and indeed Premier League teams would also want to have, their stadia full to maximum capacity.

“Certification may play a role in that if the alternative were to, for example, to continue with social distancing and other forms of restrictions such as crowd capacity limits.

“So, in that sense, and that is just one example, the deployment of certification and the investment in that infrastructure would enable the economic and social life of the country to return more quickly and safely.”​

Sadly when you see banned supporters still getting in to see games somehow, there will be a way for the covid busters to cheat

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I was reading today that they are still considering vaccination certificates for mass gatherings. I think it makes sense. Either way, I wish they'd make their minds up and get on with whatever gets the economy up and running and gets us back to football, gigs etc.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Good idea. Hope it happens. With efficacy of the AZ jab believed to be only 60 % against the Indian variant we need to do whatever we can to minimize the likelihood of people carrying the virus into the stadium.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Good idea. Hope it happens. With efficacy of the AZ jab believed to be only 60 % against the Indian variant we need to do whatever we can to minimize the likelihood of people carrying the virus into the stadium.
Or bad idea based on the fact AZ is only 60% effective against the Indian variant !!! If the government are gonna go down that route then maybe they should only let people who have had a half decent vaccine in.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Or bad idea based on the fact AZ is only 60% effective against the Indian variant !!! If the government are gonna go down that route then maybe they should only let people who have had a half decent vaccine in.

Yeah, fair point. We can’t get risk down to zero though and people who aren’t vaccinated at all pose a significantly higher risk.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

The AZ vaccine is likely to be far more than 60% effective after 2 doses of AZ. It needs more time after the 2nd jab for the protection level to rise.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If it was introduced at the start of the season, where would that leave my son who is 18 and would likely have only had the opportunity for 1 jab given his age?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
The AZ vaccine is likely to be far more than 60% effective after 2 doses of AZ. It needs more time after the 2nd jab for the protection level to rise.

Glad someone said it!

So important to understand the data properly before making silly comments about 'half decent' vaccines.

All indications are that, once full protection is reached, AZ protection will be as good, if not better, than any other vaccine.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If it was introduced at the start of the season, where would that leave my son who is 18 and would likely have only had the opportunity for 1 jab given his age?

Or my son who is 14 so is very unlikely to be offered any jab by the start of the season ?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Got the QR code on my NHS app working nicely containing all my vaccine info. Just a quick flash should get me in.

Passport through the back door - who’d have thought?

scooter1

How soon is now?
The COVID passport has been on the cards since day one, regardless of what the politicians have been saying. Whether it's a card or an app, this seems to be the route. But what if you're an anti-vaxxer(i'm not), do you then get turned away thus starting the whole 'violation of human rights' argument?
Incidentally, my son is 12 and almost certainly won't have been vaccinated by the time the season starts either. We've just bought season tickets for the first time in 6 years, he'd be mighty pissed off if he couldn't go to games

Stumpy Tim

Or my son who is 14 so is very unlikely to be offered any jab by the start of the season ?
I imagine negative tests would be ok for those who haven't had the opportunity for both jabs.

The vaccine certificate is already here in a way. In the NHS app, which is worth having anyway, you have proof of your vaccine status. I guess that will be rolled out aggressively in England

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Glad someone said it!

So important to understand the data properly before making silly comments about 'half decent' vaccines.

All indications are that, once full protection is reached, AZ protection will be as good, if not better, than any other vaccine.
I don't want to take the thread off topic too much....but....

Out of interest do you have the data or any links to articles suggesting that AZ is over 60% effective after a longer period?

I would also like to say I know via friends of friends two people in their 40s who have suffered strokes just after having their second dose. Might be coincidence, who knows ?

There's been so much negative press about AZ it may all be hype, it may all be BS but I wasn't going to take the risk with my body and I went with Pfizer.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Got the QR code on my NHS app working nicely containing all my vaccine info. Just a quick flash should get me in.

Hang on you will also need a “quick flash” of your season ticket, when you find it on your phone, and then a “quick flash” of your photo ID, followed by a search by the steward.......don’t forget your mask. :) take the top off your bottle of water.

It will be half time before I get in the ground. :)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don't want to take the thread off topic too much....but....

Out of interest do you have the data or any links to articles suggesting that AZ is over 60% effective after a longer period?

I would also like to say I know via friends of friends two people in their 40s who have suffered strokes just after having their second dose. Might be coincidence, who knows ?

There's been so much negative press about AZ it may all be hype, it may all be BS but I wasn't going to take the risk with my body and I went with Pfizer.

On the one hand you’re asking for proof of something where the data is still being collected. On the other you’re reposting here say, tittle tattle and coincidence as a likely fact.

And you can’t “go with”. You don’t get a choice.

You’re turning back into the dwayne no one takes seriously

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
On the one hand you’re asking for proof of something where the data is still being collected. On the other you’re reposting here say, tittle tattle and coincidence as a likely fact.

And you can’t “go with”. You don’t get a choice.

You’re turning back into the dwayne no one takes seriously

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You do get a choice now..... There are vaccine walk in centres purely administering Pfizer. Very interesting that AZ is barely used as a first dose now.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
-Sir, there seems to be some controversy over the idea of vaccine certificates.
-What?
-Seems some people think it might lead to a two teir society with prejudice and infighting etc
-We need to make them popular. People like football right? Lets suggest it might help them get to watch football
-Good idea, sir!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hang on you will also need a “quick flash” of your season ticket, when you find it on your phone, and then a “quick flash” of your photo ID, followed by a search by the steward.......don’t forget your mask. :) take the top off your bottle of water.

It will be half time before I get in the ground. :)

Good point.

I would do the Covid checks outside setting up 3 entry points/checking hubs near the station, the ramp to Uni parking and the car park.

You can’t fiddling with your phone to find the NHS app AND your frigging tickets on entry.

As for the ID thing, hopefully that’ll only be for people without a smartphone if at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here