Date: Friday 28th May
Kick-off: 16:15 Latvia-time (I dunno)
Referee: Probably no one any of us have ever heard of
Assistants: Similar to above but maybe more so
Fourth Official: Dude...
VAR: I dont know?
Additional VAR: Stop it

TEAM NEWS

Sweden so far got only one win (3 pts) from four games, their worst ever start in the 101 year history of ice hockey world championships

GB on the other hand are having their best tournament in decades, with one win and one overtime loss (total 4 pts)

GB won their last game (4-3 vs Belarus), their first regulation time win since 1962.

Sweden lost their last game vs Czech Republic 2-4, just days after losing their group A game vs Belarus.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Dont know, but generally, historically speaking, Sweden win this.
Great Britain

• [*=left]The youngest player in the squad, 21 year old Liam Kirk from "Sheffield Steelers" is GBs best scorer with 4 goals in the 4 first games.
    [*=left]Robert Dowd, a 33 year old also playing for "Sheffield Steelers", got 3 assists so far.
    [*=left]Goalkeeper "Ben Bowns" from the "Nottingham Panthers" is one of the finest keepers in the tournament so far with a save ratio of 92.79%
Sweden

• [*=left]Despite a number of NHL players in the squad, everyone has been pretty shit.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Great Britain has an ice hockey team? Who knew?

You'll be telling me we'll be entering the World Baseball Championships next.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The Swedes never beat us at cricket or rugby.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class

Great Britain vs Sweden

Sweden so far got only one win (3 pts) from four games, their worst ever start in the 101 year history of ice hockey world championships

Same pretty much for Canada. Three points from 4 games. But that said, no-one here gives a toss about the World Championships and it barely gets a mention. Because, of course, the playoffs are on, and most of the top players are still playing for their clubs. It's like holding the World Cup while the Prem is still playing and the players staying with their club sides. Totally meaningless tournament.​

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
The youngest player in the squad, 21 year old Liam Kirk from "Sheffield Steelers" is GBs best scorer with 4 goals in the 4 first games.

Kirk actually plays Junior hockey for the Peterborough Petes just up the road from me. He's only on loan to Sheffield because the season has been cancelled here. He was given permission to play for the Steelers in order to earn a spot in this tournament.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Great Britain vs Sweden

World Championships, Group A

Venue: Some ice hockey stadium in Latvia

TEAM NEWS

GB on the other hand are having their best tournament in decades, with one win and one overtime loss (total 4 pts)

GB won their last game (4-3 vs Belarus), their first regulation time win since 1962.

Sweden lost their last game vs Czech Republic 2-4, just days after losing their group A game vs Belarus.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Great Britain

• [*=left]The youngest player in the squad, 21 year old Liam Kirk from "Sheffield Steelers" is GBs best scorer with 4 goals in the 4 first games.
    [*=left]Robert Dowd, a 33 year old also playing for "Sheffield Steelers", got 3 assists so far.
    [*=left]Goalkeeper "Ben Bowns" from the "Nottingham Panthers" is one of the finest keepers in the tournament so far with a save ratio of 92.79%
Sweden

• [*=left]Despite a number of NHL players in the squad, everyone has been pretty shit.
Exciting stuff Swanny. Did you know Brighton used to have the best ice hockey team in Europe, the Brighton Tigers? Common knowledge to locals, but less so perhaps in Sweden?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Same pretty much for Canada. Three points from 4 games. But that said, no-one here gives a toss about the World Championships and it barely gets a mention. Because, of course, the playoffs are on, and most of the top players are still playing for their clubs. It's like holding the World Cup while the Prem is still playing and the players staying with their club sides. Totally meaningless tournament.

Yup I pretty much never watch it. Lots depends on which/how many players that got knocked out of the playoffs. I sometimes watch finals against Finland but thats all.

But I got a bit curious when they said that we were going to play Storbritannien - not a common opponent.

Exciting stuff Swanny. Did you know Brighton used to have the best ice hockey team in Europe, the Brighton Tigers? Common knowledge to locals, but less so perhaps in Sweden?

Had no idea! But I'm sure hockey nerds know all about it.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

Great Britain vs Sweden

World Championships, Group A

Venue: Some ice hockey stadium in Latvia

TEAM NEWS

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Great Britain

Sweden

Small town in Norway, you're just a small town in Norway! Small town in Norwaaaaay, you're just a small town in Norrrrway! :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
3-1 to Sweden with 12 minutes left in 3rd Quarter. I watched for 5 minutes and i think GB had the pucky thingy thing once.

Coach OUT. We shouldn't be losing to #TeamsLikeSweden

*googles ice hockey*

Oh, hang on, as you were.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here