Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This is what your licence fee goes on

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Yes, part of the BBC World Service for West African service users, which is fine. Essentially not for home consumption, unless of course somebody actually wants to take a look, which they're perfectly welcome to do. So no problem.

Not sure I'd be quite so happy if it became the standard format for the 9 o'clock news or MOTD, mind ..................

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"BBC News Pidgin is an online news service in West African Pidgin English that was launched by BBC World Service in 2017.

The news service is based in Lagos, Nigeria.

Pidgin is one of the most widely spoken languages in West Africa (with up to 75 million speakers in Nigeria) but it does not have a standard written form."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_News_Pidgin

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Reads a bit like a post in the Bear Pit to me, but good on the Beeb for doing stuff like this. Worth the penny a month or whatever it is we all contribute.

I dont think he is ,I hear question of sport is the latest programme to box ticked,good bye Sue, matt and Phil, watch the viewing figures plummet,more and more people canceling their TV licence fact
Regards
DF

Good, it’s getting very tired and definitely needs refreshing.......Phil and Matt’s faux ‘blokey humour’ and Sue’s ‘schoolmistress’ approach is getting a bit boring. Do we know who is replacing them yet ? Maybe Gareth Thomas and Denise Lewis as captains perhaps (I’m assuming Alex Scott has literally no spare time available) ?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I read that BBC Pidgin news service quite regularly. I have a vested interest. I pay my licence fee, gladly.

I've never watched some TV series I keep hearing crop up in the mainstream media called....Line Of Duty. I have no interest whatsoever in watching that sort of thing. What a waste of my licence fee! :angry:

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I watched the news and weather forecast this morning. Checked the news and sport online at work at lunchtime and am enjoying listening to R6 now. The Mrs and I might watch the last episode of Pursuit of Love on the BBC iPlayer later.

And all this for the extortionate price of 43p per day. It’s a ****ing rip off.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Maybe I’m a bit slow, so not sure what point you’re trying to make. If it’s highlighting the value for money the BBC offers then I think I get it.

No you're not slow. But the OP is a bit of a ****. The labia minora, I would venture. :shrug:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I read that BBC Pidgin news service quite regularly. I have a vested interest. I pay my licence fee, gladly.

I've never watched some TV series I keep hearing crop up in the mainstream media called....Line Of Duty. I have no interest whatsoever in watching that sort of thing. What a waste of my licence fee! :angry:

can be certain that series cost an awful lot more than a translated website.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I see Das Reich is all excited again. Does he think the BBC is about to be defunded, I wonder? No. I don't really wonder. I don't care.

#clueless <sigh>

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here