Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This is what your licence fee goes on

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Says person avoiding paying the fee :facepalm: :lolol:

Also, you claim they unfairly prosecute people but you have given two clear examples where you have explained someone is vulnerable and they have not pursued prosecution. Seems very fair to me.

And you still watch the BBC, despite playing on unemployment and mental health issues to get out of paying the fee for a service you use. And we are supposed to believe it's the BBC at fault and not you? Pull the other one, chump.

On this thread and the old one in the bear pit, every single person who claims the BBC are moribund and a force for bad, every single one who has claimed that has also admitted to watching the BBC. You don't even have the courage of your convictions.

As for pensioners paying for it, it should be means tested. Why shouldn't a 70 yr old with triple locked pension and savings in the bank pay for the services they use?

If Gary can pick and choose how to pay his tax then so can I, there’s no inconsistency there.

The BBC in past have an appealing record for criminalising the poor, that’s a fact. Given their track record of treating criminals and shysters in their ranks on a softly-softly basis this vindictive attack on the very weakest of the poor is simply not acceptable.

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/over-75...payment-licence-fee-bbc-boss-tim-davie-923079

Fact is licence fees are now free for over 75s. They are just not shouting it from the roof tops. Similarly they are not challenging vulnerable non payers, and rightly so.

As there is nothing really wrong with a bit of tax avoidance these days, I suggest those that don’t want to pay the fee contact Capita and sell them a sob story.

By default those that want to pay the fee will happily continue, those that don’t won’t.

Lovely Jubbly Rodney.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If Gary can pick and choose how to pay his tax then so can I, there’s no inconsistency there.

The BBC in past have an appealing record for criminalising the poor, that’s a fact. Given their track record of treating criminals and shysters in their ranks on a softly-softly basis this vindictive attack on the very weakest of the poor is simply not acceptable.

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/over-75...payment-licence-fee-bbc-boss-tim-davie-923079

Fact is licence fees are now free for over 75s. They are just not shouting it from the roof tops. Similarly they are not challenging vulnerable non payers, and rightly so.

As there is nothing really wrong with a bit of tax avoidance these days, I suggest those that don’t want to pay the fee contact Capita and sell them a sob story.

By default those that want to pay the fee will happily continue, those that don’t won’t.

Lovely Jubbly Rodney.

Weak. You complain about the BBC and then give me numerous examples of how they are not like you say they are. And that you do in fact watch it. Perhaps if you paid your share they wouldn’t need to chase people up. Not that there is a problem with a corporation chasing up payment for use of their service. It’s how things work.
Talk about someone just swallowing the right wing narrative. Mug.

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Yes there is, in fact there's a huge difference. One is tax avoidance which is legal and then there's your illegal tax evasion where you are failing to pay for a licence for no other reason than you think it's ok.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Yes there is, in fact there's a huge difference. One is tax avoidance which is legal and then there's your illegal tax evasion where you are failing to pay for a licence for no other reason than you think it's ok.

That’s a matter of opinion. Not long ago the rich used K2 tax avoidance schemes to limit their tax liabilities, and they were legal. If I remember it correctly Cameron said they were morally wrong despite him having his assets in Panama. If St Gary wants respect amongst the general public he could make sure his tax was on-shore. If Denise Coates can do it, so can St Gary.

So, if exploiting loopholes is good for the goose it’s good for the gander. Technically speaking the BBC have already accepted non payment by over 75s will not be subject to criminal enforcement, so they are already moving their goalposts. If it’s free to the over 75s and the vulnerable, then f@ck it I’m vulnerable.

De criminalisation and an increasing mass non payment is happening, subscription can’t be far away. In a liberal society this is a good thing. Hasta la Victoria Siempere!

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Weak. You complain about the BBC and then give me numerous examples of how they are not like you say they are. And that you do in fact watch it. Perhaps if you paid your share they wouldn’t need to chase people up. Not that there is a problem with a corporation chasing up payment for use of their service. It’s how things work.
Talk about someone just swallowing the right wing narrative. Mug.

One of the definitions of mug is a person who is gullible and easily taken advantage of?

You watch BBC and happily pay, others like me and my old man simply don’t. Good for you clamps, keep it up.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Lovely Jubbly Rodney.

If you think of yourself as a "Tax avoiding prick" as well as Gary, then that's fair.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Cracking coverage of football tournaments would be another thing that it goes on. Cracking coverage AGAIN. Much better than its rivals. And no adverts. Bargain licence fee. How much does a month's worth of Sky Sports cost?

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ah I remember points of view, was always good to see a media organisation prepared to talk about criticisms of itself so openly and honestly. Another good thing the BBC has done which other media organisations seem incapable of doing.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Ah I remember points of view, was always good to see a media organisation prepared to talk about criticisms of itself so openly and honestly. Another good thing the BBC has done which other media organisations seem incapable of doing.

Why oh why oh why?
#DefundtheBBC

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here