Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] No Kit Reductions?

mrjon1976

Found bliss in ignorance
Jul 25, 2011
gravesend
So i've noticed that whilst pretty much every other club has some from of sale / promotion on kits, we never seem to reduce stock - the now outdated home, away & 3rd kits are still at full price. Anyone have a clue why we never reduce the shirts, as I'm sure there will be people happy to pick up an old shirt at some form of discount?

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
It makes little of no sense that the club don't discount the kit. Then when you look in Nike outlet stores i have seen old Albion stuff in there so I'm wondering of rather than reduce the product on the club shop they sell it back to nike or have some sort of sale or return agreement.

Perhaps the theory is if we discount old kit people might buy that rather than spunking the best part of £60 on a new kit? Or does someone in the marketing team see it as devaluing a product? Who knows.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
This seasons training kit and warm up kit is reduced (I prefer that stuff to replica match kit) but the only sizes available for months now has been XXL or Maty Ryan.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Not sure if it's always been the case but the club rarely reduce kit at the end of the season and haven't for the past 5 years or so at least. Seem to remember Barber saying something about it affecting sales at full-price.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
So i've noticed that whilst pretty much every other club has some from of sale / promotion on kits, we never seem to reduce stock - the now outdated home, away & 3rd kits are still at full price. Anyone have a clue why we never reduce the shirts, as I'm sure there will be people happy to pick up an old shirt at some form of discount?

Because the club are hoping that those self same people who may be attracted to buying an old shirt at a discount now, might just wait an extra month or two and purchase a new one at full price.

Makes good business sense.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Because the club are hoping that those self same people who may be attracted to buying an old shirt at a discount now, might just wait an extra month or two and purchase a new one at full price.

Makes good business sense.

Yes that's a good point.
Also if the club were to get into a regular habit of discounting shirts before a new one is released then some peoples buying habits will change from paying top dollar for the new latest shirt to then thinking" actually I will wait until they sell them off cheap when the next shirt is released" which would also effect early sales.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
684C8C79-2505-47B2-9D7B-132D5C5B9D3A.jpeg

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
This seasons training kit and warm up kit is reduced (I prefer that stuff to replica match kit) but the only sizes available for months now has been XXL or Maty Ryan.

Picked up a smart Nike away training tee in that tank green colour in L size. £20 in the shop sale at the Man City match. Very pleased.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Not sure if it's always been the case but the club rarely reduce kit at the end of the season and haven't for the past 5 years or so at least. Seem to remember Barber saying something about it affecting sales at full-price.

Many clubs start discounting in March.

As soon as fans notice that, no-one buys after Xmas, so the sales period becomes just August-December.

Albion's strategy makes sense from a business point of view. Not so good for bargain hunters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here