Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Dominic Cummings v H&SC and S&T select committees *Official Match Thread*

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Dom teasing the world this morning with this photo of a No. 10 white board ahead of today's big match.

[tweet]1397452170249842691[/tweet]

Kick-off is at 9:30am and the BBC have beaten Sky to show this one.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have already opened my Pringles :wink:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The Poisonous, overtly ambitious, self-promoting know-all vs bumbling, arrogant halfwit Final.

Should be a cracking game full of nasty fouls, but will end in disappointment for the myopic one followed by accusations of referee corruption.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Dominic Cummings v H&SC and S&T select committees *Official Match Thread*

Only one loser here.

It won’t be Cummings or either committees!

The majority of people know that the PM is unfit to lead the Country but that’s priced in with his voters because of his nationalism, Brexit and rejection of identity politics.

Do people really want his profound incompetence rubbed in their faces? His detractors already know it and his millions and millions of supporters just don’t care.

Have the media got this wrong by hyping it so much and what will the Government be announcing today/tomorrow in order to wrestle back control of the front pages?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It'll just be like Elizabeth Taylor bitching on about how Richard Burton drinks too much.................

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Always thought it shows peoples character how they conduct themselves when leaving an employer. Cummings would have taken all the plaudits if things went perfectly but anything went wrong was nothing to do with him. With his behaviour since leaving office cant see many people keen to employ him. Facts are like all countries we got a lot wrong and a lot right.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
There was an old Charlie Brooker reference (I think on Screenwipe, which dates it) about something being the equivalent of two 60 ft tall monsters made out of shit battling over London. This is largely how I see Boris vs Dom.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I find it a bit odd that Cummings is absolutely spewing his guts on social media before the committees sit..........or even more that he’s allowed to - publishing pictures of notes etc from what were clearly highly confidential government meetings is very irregular and I’d be surprised if he isn’t breaching a least something in his former contract, if not the official secrets act. Somewhat narcissistic behaviour (not a surprise) and smacks of being desperate to get his points in first knowing there’s enough vitriol directed at Bojo anyway for anything like that to gather a huge head of steam from the public.

He’s probably got his ‘I brought down Boris’ Tee shirts printed and ready for sale - with his own picture on them, obviously.

Going to be a good watch

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
[tweet]1397461791198830597[/tweet]

This

Always thought it shows peoples character how they conduct themselves when leaving an employer. Cummings would have taken all the plaudits if things went perfectly but anything went wrong was nothing to do with him. With his behaviour since leaving office cant see many people keen to employ him. Facts are like all countries we got a lot wrong and a lot right.

Cummings doesn't need to be employed. He's a brand already. This is all about Dom (again).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Cummings doesn't need to be employed. He's a brand already. This is all about Dom (again).

Quite.

He has a career as an after dinner speaker for the rest of his life. He’ll be earning a 6 figure sum until he retires. Be it books, articles, I’m a celebrity get me out of here, leading the campaign for pro-monarchists in the monarchy referendum. The list goes on.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
As Cummings was part of the government for the majority of period under investigation, surely he's partly to blame? So when he's slagging everyone off, isn't he effectively slagging himself off?

Either way both him and Johnson are insufferable untrustworthy bellends who the world could well do without.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here