Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Simon Jordan

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I feel a bit dirty even starting this thread. I’ve had a courtesy car this week and the radio in there has been absolutely shite, with Talksport being one of the few stations that I could actually get with any clarity. I had no idea SJ was a regular on the station, but I have to say I’ve been really enjoying his contributions. He’s actually really articulate, not afraid to call out someone who is talking bollocks and brings a lot of knowledge to proceedings as a previous club owner. Unlike the vast majority of football pundits and analysts, he seems to be able to bring a bit of nuance to proceedings. In no way am I going to become a TS devotee after this, but I’ve been pleasantly surprised by SJ’s views.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Talksport is overloaded with commercials. It feels like they have 5 mins of adverts every 10 mins.
It must be about 33% adverts.

Even when there is something sensible on there I find that I quickly give up on it.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Only listen when he is on. Not looking for a career in radio and says what he thinks. Also has owned a PL club giving a different perspective. Would recommend his book. very good

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Yeah I like listening to him

Unfortunately that clown Jim White has 50% of the airtime , so it’s a tough listen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Only listen when he is on. Not looking for a career in radio and says what he thinks. Also has owned a PL club giving a different perspective. Would recommend his book. very good

I think he actually has a career in radio and now producing his own podcasts. Articulate in his own way, although tends to mix his metaphors and use the wrong words or mispronounce them, but generally voices the view of an intelligent fan with the insights of someone who has worked inside football with the media, footballers, agents, owners, the lot. Always pleased when he's on as I enjoy his contributions.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I listen to TS when he is on. I like the bloke. Says what he means, and means what he says.

The way he knocked Trevor Sinclair down a peg or two, who was agreeing with most of the deluded City fans that the ref had a shocker, after we beat City was fabulous.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I wouldn't call constantly shoehorning a bunch of unnecessary & incorrect 'big' words into every sentence eloquent.
I'd call it desperate. He's weird & needy

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I wouldn't call constantly shoehorning a bunch of unnecessary & incorrect 'big' words into every sentence eloquent.
I'd call it desperate. He's weird & needy

Yep. Does talk sense sometimes but he’s playing up to the talkSport, straight talking, man in van audience most of it. The long words, like you say, are unnecessary and incorrectly used most of the time but again, it’s to try and make out to the audience that he’s more intelligent than he is.

When I first started listening to him a few years ago I thought he was alright but quickly realised the above and he just constantly repeats the same stories about his time in charge of Palace which all just got incredibly boring. Jim White is also one of the biggest CJTC’s in radio (sorry Crodo) so I can’t listen anymore.

I used to listen to talkSport a lot but thanks to the emergence of Podcasts, I hardly ever do these days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here