Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Eddie Nketiah

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
6 months older than Connolly, I really don’t know what extra he’d bring.

Connolly: 5 EPL goals from 41 appearances.
Nketiah: 5 EPL goals from 38 appearances.

The only explanation is that the £42m Biss to Arse is true but Nketiah has been thrown in as well. That would make the deal realistic.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Wouldnt mind. Talented player.

Some say "age doesnt matter, either they got it or they dont", but I dont buy into that due to the thousands of examples proving the opposite. I think Nketiah could turn into something really good.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Agree I think we can do better but if he’s thrown in for a deal for Biss at say £40m plus him , I wouldn’t be unhappy , he has similar stats but is a bit quicker than Connolly .

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Arsenal fans on twitter seem to think they can get Biss for 15 to 20m plus Nketiah. They value Nketiah at Brewster levels or higher

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Nketiah is the sort of signing you'd expect one of the 3 promoted, yo-yo teams to be making.

Given we've completed 4 consecutive seasons in the Prem and about to bank a fat cheque for Bissouma I'd expect more than this.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
This may have some legs. If we are going to offer Welbeck another season or two then we'd not be going for a player that would demand a first team spot. It would be unlike us to do this anyway and wages is always an issue. Nketiah is the sort of player that would fit in to our model. Young, bags of potential, and he would not bust our wage structure, which someone like Abraham would.
From Arsenal's perspective, I think they want Bissouma but money is going to be an issue. What better a way to do this than to offer a player in exchange. They also get a player off their wage bill.
Ainsley Maitland-Niles would have been another option but with Moder and Caicedo I can see that we have the succession planning in place for midfield spaces.
Nketiah would make sense I think. Not too much pressure to deliver straight away but a longer term plan to replace Welbeck, with scope to either start or make a difference from the bench. Would likely see the departure of Connolly on loan.

Also just seen that he beat Shearer's record of 13 goals for the England's u21s.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If he was the main new striker signing for next season I’d be very concerned. If he’s just another option whilst others are moved on, fair enough.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Arsenal fans on twitter seem to think they can get Biss for 15 to 20m plus Nketiah. They value Nketiah at Brewster levels or higher

Brewster is probably worth £5million at most at present and that would be a team buying him as a risky investment but worth a punt.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
6 months older than Connolly, I really don’t know what extra he’d bring.

Connolly: 5 EPL goals from 41 appearances.
Nketiah: 5 EPL goals from 38 appearances.

The only explanation is that the £42m Biss to Arse is true but Nketiah has been thrown in as well. That would make the deal realistic.

Connolly : 2049 PL minutes on the pitch

Nketiah : 1125 PL minutes on the pitch

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here