Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Happy Birthday Paul Weller!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Biggest regret of my life is having a ticket for The Jam's final ever gig at the Brighton Centre in 1982 and giving it to my kid sister. I'd seen The Jam loads of times and she had never seen them, so didn't want her to miss out on seeing the best live band around.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Biggest regret of my life is having a ticket for The Jam's final ever gig at the Brighton Centre in 1982 and giving it to my kid sister. I'd seen The Jam loads of times and she had never seen them, so didn't want her to miss out on seeing the best live band around.

Unforgettable night. Foxton getting hit by a flying bottle, band go off.

Parkas everywhere, many in tears. Bunked off school to queue for the £5 tickets.

A great memory I have on vinyl....

R-3908983-1469528989-7830.jpeg.jpg

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
never saw the Jam, saw TSC and Weller loads over the years

I was backstage at Cardiff castle for a Weller gig June 2019 . Which was nice.

weller.jpg

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I’m sure he will find something to be grumpy about! :glare:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Loved The Jam, but have always found Weller's solo stuff or the stuff with that nodding donkey in the hat on piano trite and practically unlistenable. My bad. Possibly..

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Loved The Jam, but have always found Weller's solo stuff or the stuff with that nodding donkey in the hat on piano trite and practically unlistenable. My bad. Possibly..

Bit unfair on - checks wikipedia - 38 post Jam years of performing, and 22 very different albums.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bit unfair on - checks wikipedia - 38 post Jam years of performing, and 22 very different albums.

I guess we all opt for different stuff tho eh? 22 very different albums? Suggests to me the boy lost his way a wee bit. Tho having said that, l probably heard about similar number of Fall albums in roughly the same period. All very different, yet all completely the same :lol:

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Happy Birthday The Modfather!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
That's pretty much my view as well. I know music's subjective and loads (probably the majority) will disagree, but I LOVED the Jam, saw them several times, still play their albums, but his post-Jam stuff .... well it's hard to believe it's the same guy.

Glad I'm not alone!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Prolific.

He produced some amazing stuff and some awful stuff, but on the whole you have to hand it to him. He's poetic.

The Jam were quite simply the band of my youth when it came to voice, music, attitude and style.

His recent few albums have been very good. A rich vein of later work. He's due a real turkey soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here