Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Elderly couple rave about 'gorgeous' pâté before realising they've been eating cat food

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
is pate overrated, or cat food under appreciated?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Presumably elderly couple accompanied their bread and pâté treat with a fine white wine served straight from the toilet bowl before relieving themselves in next door's flower bed :shrug:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
This is easily done as well.

E90FABB2-E013-43A4-B868-5161BA336C1A.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My step gran did stuff like this, oh how we laughed at her sometimes thinking she was dotty....

In fact they were the early signs of dementia...

Indeed. It's easy to forget how effortlessly we can slip into inadvertent cruelty. I've done it more than once, myself. :nono:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Indeed. It's easy to forget how effortlessly we can slip into inadvertent cruelty. I've done it more than once, myself. :nono:

True, I believe you can still laugh at things, but be sometimes think about things a little more, and ask why did they do that, bad eye sight, amnesia, dementia etc etc....

Still can be funny, laugh or cry conundrum I guess..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Does inadvertent cruelty count as cruelty tho? I'd suggest not. Cruelty is a bit more calculated shirley?

Yes. I suppose I meant causing offense by avoidable thoughtlessness. I remember once a student of mine turned up for work wearing all black (this was early 90s) and I quipped 'either you've run out of coloured clothes or you hamster has died'.

Her reply was 'Actually it was my grandmother'.

:facepalm:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yes. I suppose I meant causing offense by avoidable thoughtlessness. I remember once a student of mine turned up for work wearing all black (this was early 90s) and I quipped 'either you've run out of coloured clothes or you hamster has died'.

You were lucky they didn't kick off about "coloured clothes" - the correct terminology is 'Afro-Caribbean' clothes.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

You'll be disappointed with that avoidable thoughtlessness :facepalm:

:)lolol:)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Why would you contact a newspaper with this as a story, and why is it newsworthy.

I know we are in the era of clickbait (or should that be kittybait?) but this just shows how much standards have fallen.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
They'd lived in France since 2015 and still not learnt enough French to understand food labels. :facepalm:

Oh, I can believe that. A few years back we went with friends to France to stay with her father-in-law. Our friend had an accident and I had to go to the hospital with her as her FiL (who'd lived in France for nearly 20 years) couldn't speak enough French to talk to the doctor.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
The daughter was going to wet herself for 10 minutes? Now there’s a sight

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here