Page 146 of 355 FirstFirst ... 4696136143144145146147148149156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 3550
  1. #1451
    Members vagabond's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    9,931


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by redoubtable seagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I donít recall any of our fans advocating the sale of White to Leeds last season.
    Well you are wrong.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #1452
      Dangerous Idiot Justice's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Location
      Born In Shoreham
      Posts
      11,357


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by redoubtable seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Duffy nor the club will want him to be 6th choice. Heís a big personality which is great when things are going well but equally can be destabilising to the team when they are not. He will want to be playing every week and the club will want some of his wages off the books if heís not in the match day squad. Heís not a Potter-type player either so I expect heíll be on loan in the championship next season.
      Any proof of this
      You make me
    • #1453
      Wanna balloon? Johnny RoastBeef's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Posts
      2,444


      2 Not allowed!
      Anyone else enjoying the England Inside training videos on YouTube?

      They're a nice behind the scenes look at the work the squad does with the coaches, offering an interesting view of the squad dynamics.

      Ben seems very quiet. Some players like to have a laugh, but others like Henderson rarely cracks a smile and is ultra serious.

      Generally they seem like a really tight knit but relaxed group.

      Mason Mount and Declan Rice especially. They've been best buddies since they were 8 and their families even went on holiday together. Crazy that they are now both essential to England's spine.
      "Johnny RoastBeef had to keep them all tied up and away from the alarms"
    • #1454

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by keaton View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      If people haven't read the Tyrone Kings article in the Guardian, it's worth a read just to see how stupid he is

      "Football is very soft these days Ė you cannot get away with much,Ē says the Aston Villa centre-half, although he did get away with this. Austria were breaking up the left and when Kalajdzic makes his run into the area Mings stands his ground before throwing his left arm into his opponentís face, sending him to the ground.

      Harry Maguire returns to training with England in Euro 2020 boost
      VAR would surely have awarded a penalty and sent off Mings and there was plenty of fretting about what would have happened if the flashpoint had been at the Euros, which starts for England against Croatia on Sunday.

      Mings did not fret. ďI wasnít lucky, no, because I knew there wasnít VAR,Ē the 28-year-old says with a steely glare. ďIt wasnít [a red card], was it? We can go back through many different occasions in my career and you could say: ĎIf there was VAR in that game, I would have got sent off.íĒ

      The old joke is that Ďifí is the biggest word in football. If the referee had seen it, Mings admits, ďmaybeĒ he would have reached for the red card. ďIf there had have been VAR, absolutely, I would have given away a penalty,Ē he says.

      It is unclear whether Mings was able to assess the sight lines of the referee and his assistant but the move felt highly risky. Mings does not see it that way. ďAs a defender, I have done that many times in my career Ė when a cross is about to come in, block the striker,Ē he says. ďThat is not against the rules. But that one there was probably too aggressive.Ē
      Wow he really is a numpty, that was a warm up game, totally unnecessary. I admit England have looked good but he is a liability. No problem if Southgate doesn't fancy Dunk but Mings is surely our achilles heel. When we go out to better opposition due to his mistakes or others having to cover for him everyone will bleat on about how unlucky we were.

      Sent from my EVR-N29 using Tapatalk
    • #1455
      Members GT49er's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Location
      Gloucester
      Posts
      34,398


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Any proof of this
      Why does he need 'proof'? It's an opinion based on available evidence, and probably not far off the mark.
    • #1456
      Members vagabond's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2019
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      9,931


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Johnny RoastBeef View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Anyone else enjoying the England Inside training videos on YouTube?

      They're a nice behind the scenes look at the work the squad does with the coaches, offering an interesting view of the squad dynamics.

      Ben seems very quiet. Some players like to have a laugh, but others like Henderson rarely cracks a smile and is ultra serious.

      Generally they seem like a really tight knit but relaxed group.

      Mason Mount and Declan Rice especially. They've been best buddies since they were 8 and their families even went on holiday together. Crazy that they are now both essential to England's spine.
      I like them, would like to see Albion open the doors a bit in a similar fashion. It gives you a sense of the players characters.

      From what Iíve seen Ben is spending a lot of time playing table tennis with his bromance partner Kelvin Phillips.
    • #1457
      Dangerous Idiot Justice's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Location
      Born In Shoreham
      Posts
      11,357


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Why does he need 'proof'? It's an opinion based on available evidence, and probably not far off the mark.
      Considering GP & Webster had nothing but praise for Shane for his professionalism in the season Webster effectively took his place. Followed by GP saying SD was always a welcome figure around the group during training sessions and welcome back at anytime even if he moves on Iím calling bullshit.
      You make me
    • #1458
      Members GT49er's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Location
      Gloucester
      Posts
      34,398


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Considering GP & Webster had nothing but praise for Shane for his professionalism in the season Webster effectively took his place. Followed by GP saying SD was always a welcome figure around the group during training sessions and welcome back at anytime even if he moves on I’m calling bullshit.
      Like GP is going to say anything different!
    • #1459
      Dangerous Idiot Justice's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Location
      Born In Shoreham
      Posts
      11,357


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Like GP is going to say anything different!
      Why he/they say anything at all you certainly wouldnít publicly praise someone who is a nightmare to work with.
      You make me
    • #1460
      Members
      Join Date
      Feb 2005
      Location
      Worthing-By-Sea
      Posts
      17,059


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Why he/they say anything at all you certainly wouldnít publicly praise someone who is a nightmare to work with.
      If you wanted to sell them you would. Would weaken our position if Potter said, 'not really got the character I am looking for, bit of a disruptive influence'
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •