Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Nah, kids too good and as someone else said, he has a had a real Premier league grounding at Brighton.

Thinking that he will struggle is more wishful thinking on the part of fans who really want to 'win' this transfer. Its probably what a lot of Leeds fans thought when they couldn't get him last summer, content as he struggled early on, before watching him totally dominate their team twice in the second half of the season.

I think we have “won” this transfer anyway, irrespective of how well he does.

If he fails, we’ve got £50m in the bank, but a potential knock to our reputation.

If he does well, we’ve still got the money in the bank, but an enhanced reputation as a developer of young talent.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I hope he absolutely smashes it there and then gets a mega money move to one of the European giants. I also hope he goes on and plays for England for the next 8-10 years.

I'm not going to go all Leeds 'he's one of our own' but he is the poster boy now for what we want the academy to produce and be.

Also, he has always come across really well which is another reason to wish him well. I really hope Arsenal don't **** him up.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He's 23. I think Arsenal is a completely logical step for someone still largely unproven at the top level, despite most of us feeling like he has the ability to step up again.

It lines him up perfectly for a move to a City/other top level side in 3/4 years, as he enters his peak years.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I think we have “won” this transfer anyway, irrespective of how well he does.

If he fails, we’ve got £50m in the bank, but a potential knock to our reputation.

If he does well, we’ve still got the money in the bank, but an enhanced reputation as a developer of young talent.

[emoji106] Completely agree.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Bit strange to see the Albion's official Twitter account sticking a 'like' on BW's post about his first appearance for the Arse yesterday (or maybe the day before).

I'm not saying he's dead to me, but I'm much less inclined to pay much attention to what he does, to be honest...

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Bit strange to see the Albion's official Twitter account sticking a 'like' on BW's post about his first appearance for the Arse yesterday (or maybe the day before).

I'm not saying he's dead to me, but I'm much less inclined to pay much attention to what he does, to be honest...

He's * One Of Our ** Own.

* (not really)

** (or Leeds')

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Ben’s Celebrity Agent now on Sky Sports news

Only thing worth mentioning was that It’s claimed Bloom had a gentleman’s agreement that if a “top six club” (assume historic) comes in for him and the valuation is met, he won’t stand in Ben’s way.

This was following “what advise would you give if you were managing Harry Kane”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben’s Celebrity Agent now on Sky Sports news

Only thing worth mentioning was that It’s claimed Bloom had a gentleman’s agreement that if a “top six club” (assume historic) comes in for him and the valuation is met, he won’t stand in Ben’s way.

This was following “what advise would you give if you were managing Harry Kane”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After the dust settles Bloom and co. must be quietly delighted they don’t have to deal with that slimy agent anymore.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Yer the love in is really cringe .... We will always be small time with this kind of mentality

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Realising what he has joined. Depression?
'Posted at 14:3114:31
Ben White 'ruled out' of Chelsea game
Arsenal v Chelsea (16:30 BST)

The Athletic's David Ornstein is reporting that Arsenal's £50m defender Ben White will miss this afternoon's game against Chelsea due to illness.
'

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Realising what he has joined. Depression?
'Posted at 14:3114:31
Ben White 'ruled out' of Chelsea game
Arsenal v Chelsea (16:30 BST)

The Athletic's David Ornstein is reporting that Arsenal's £50m defender Ben White will miss this afternoon's game against Chelsea due to illness.
'

Lovesick

Missing Lewis. :love:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Didn't fancy being beaten all afternoon.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Tonking for Arsenal please! Chelsea are of no concern to us - they'll finish miles ahead of us anyway. Finishing above Arsenal, on the other hand ....................................

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Shame he’s out. Was looking forward to him getting flattened by Lukaku at every opportunity followed by the inevitable Arsenal meltdown. Grrrr

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here