Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] BHAFC U23s Article: Defenders and GK

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Hello all. As part of Albion Analytics I've written part 1 of a 3 article series, focusing on 23 Albion U23s to watch. We did something similar a while back, but with the marvelous progress we've made, any excuse to have another look at the array of young talent we have at the club.

You know you're in a good place with the academy when it's hard to narrow down which young players to choose to analyse.

Free to read, for those who are interested:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/futur...ial&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=postshare

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Hello all. As part of Albion Analytics I've written part 1 of a 3 article series, focusing on 23 Albion U23s to watch. We did something similar a while back, but with the marvelous progress we've made, any excuse to have another look at the array of young talent we have at the club.

You know you're in a good place with the academy when it's hard to narrow down which young players to choose to analyse.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/futur...ial&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=postshare

I've only read the first three so far, but it's fascinating. Love reading about the current and future prospects. Thanks for posting.

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
Excellent article, looking forward to the next.

Amazing that Tariq Lamtey can run 22.742186 Miles per Hour, that's fast enough to get a speeding ticket on my road.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Superb. Thanks. My only question would be about other keepers. Would be interested to hear more about Rushworth and McGill

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
That's a cracking read, and to think that is only the defenders that you've discussed. I'm looking forward to the next two articles.

I particularly enjoyed: "It’s rarely mentioned by any TV commentators, but White actually spent a year out on loan at Leeds United."

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Nice piece. Exciting to read about our up and coming talent, as well as those we're already familiar with.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Good stuff. Thanks very much for sharing.

A very interesting read, ta for posting :thumbsup:

I've only read the first three so far, but it's fascinating. Love reading about the current and future prospects. Thanks for posting.

Excellent article, looking forward to the next.

Amazing that Tariq Lamtey can run 22.742186 Miles per Hour, that's fast enough to get a speeding ticket on my road.

Superb. Thanks. My only question would be about other keepers. Would be interested to hear more about Rushworth and McGill

That's a cracking read, and to think that is only the defenders that you've discussed. I'm looking forward to the next two articles.

I particularly enjoyed: "It’s rarely mentioned by any TV commentators, but White actually spent a year out on loan at Leeds United."

Nice piece. Exciting to read about our up and coming talent, as
well as those we're already familiar with.

Thank you all for kind words, glad you're enjoying. Just as a little bonus, none other than David Weir has 'liked' the article on Twitter. Maybe because it makes him look like he's doing a great job!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Thank you for that, excellent piece.

What stood out for me is the versatility of some of the players highlighted. It is going to be interesting to see what positions some of the players focus on and end up playing in the end.

Whilst Ostigard and Van Hecke have played at full back they look like natural centre backs but Karbownik and Tsoungui are question marks. Roberts is interesting too, as we've said on here before his height is a concern for a centre back and unless he has a growth spurt, will he end up as a left back/wing back or defensive midfielder? He seems to have the attributes for those positions.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A fantastic read, in 3/4 years time that could be our entire defence and I'd feel very comfortable about it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here