Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] pearls of wisdom from pundits

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
aka useless statistics

i think it was matt upson that came up with the fact that Arsenal have had their last game of the season at home for the last 9 consecutive seasons .....hiow on earth can that be ....??? the other now was that Johnathon Moss averages 2.6 kms per game at an average speed of 3.34 km/ph.:mad:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
aka useless statistics

i think it was matt upson that came up with the fact that Arsenal have had their last game of the season at home for the last 9 consecutive seasons .....hiow on earth can that be ....??? the other now was that Johnathon Moss averages 2.6 kms per game at an average speed of 3.34 km/ph.:mad:

Didn’t we go about 8 years without a home FA Cup tie? Arsenal always finishing at home isn’t inconceivable.

And if Moss is averaging 3.34 km/ph, then how come he’s only covered 2.6kms in a 90 minute match? The stat needs better explanation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Didn’t we go about 8 years without a home FA Cup tie? Arsenal always finishing at home isn’t inconceivable.

And if Moss is averaging 3.34 km/ph, then how come he’s only covered 2.6kms in a 90 minute match? The stat needs better explanation!

Because sometimes he won't be moving at all.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

Moss is the refereeing equivalent of your common or garden gnome.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

He spends a lot of the 90 mins not moving at all, and when he does move, he is incredibly slow (as you’d reasonably expect from a fat, middle-aged bloke who clearly likes a pie or two, but not perhaps as you’d expect from a professional ref :))

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
aka useless statistics

Average walking speed is 5km/ph, so he runs slower than I walk!*

* I know at times he’s stationary, which brings the average down, not just as funny though!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Great John Moss stat this

If you watch a video of him trying to keep up with play, but you slow the video to 50% speed, you actually go back in time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here