Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our best ever goal difference in the top flight

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Considering we don't score anywhere near as many goals as we could and now have a generally pretty adventurous style, that's pretty amazing.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Largely down to a superb defensive system. Only 6 teams conceded fewer goals; top four plus Spurs and Arsenal. And that’s after early season hiccups with changing to zonal marking at set pieces. Tremendous effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Just minus 6. Has never been bettered, even in the 80s.

Yes indeed, l think this fact flew under the radar with a lot of people, a deficit of just 6 goals, despite missing out on relegation by only a couple of places. A long long time since that has been bettered, (if ever).

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
The final puzzle is finishing, I think that's all it is and then we can be challenging for the top half of the table very comfortably that we can take cup runs seriously without being too concerned about relegation. That'd be the day.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This shows the fundamentals are all good, fine lines and we could do a West Ham, really not any better than us..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is this a result of the 'everyone gets a medal' culture. :lolol:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Considering how much we've struggled to find the net at the other end that's a big feather in the cap of the defence and keeper

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

You really cant stop yourself can you?

Taking every opportunity to take a dig at TB, staff, players, fans who appreciate the positives. Let me ask you - what did you accomplish in life that makes you so condescending against the club and everyone working within it?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Just minus 6. Has never been bettered, even in the 80s.

Well I don’t see anything to complain about here.

It feels like our GD has been superior most of the season.

It’s surely another sign (one of many) that we are improving and heading in the right direction as a club.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Why or how has this...

elicited this...

Taking every opportunity to take a dig at TB, staff, players, fans who appreciate the positives. Let me ask you - what did you accomplish in life that makes you so condescending against the club and everyone working within it?

I mean, I thought it was quite funny - when has a celebration of GD happened unless you've clinched something by it? I think it's more than reasonable to point it out, thank you [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION], as it is one of the clear positives, also think its more than game to poke a bit of fun at. If you see that as a genuine dig, then we may as well shut down the forum.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

He's actually taking a light-hearted dig at modern society in the UK. :thumbsup:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Why or how has this...

elicited this...

I mean, I thought it was quite funny - when has a celebration of GD happened unless you've clinched something by it? I think it's more than reasonable to point it out, thank you [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION], as it is one of the clear positives, also think its more than game to poke a bit of fun at. If you see that as a genuine dig, then we may as well shut down the forum.

He's actually taking a light-hearted dig at modern society in the UK. :thumbsup:

I'd buy it from someone else. Him? Nope. Patterns.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'd buy it from someone else. Him? Nope. Patterns.

Nah you're totally wrong there.
Stat is one of the least offensive posters on the board.

This is one of the few times when your lack of history on here has let you down.
You'd have to go back a lot further than 2 seasons to assess Stat's "patterns"

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Anyway ...

We achieved our best ever goal difference in the Premier League. Didn't we do well?

Or is everyone thinking, that now the football is over, what is really missing from NSC, what could really make it better, is a long drawn out spat, played out in public across multiple threads.

If so .... as you were ....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here