Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lower League End of Season/Playoffs thread

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Thought it would make sense to make a thread for all the various games.

Currently watching Forest Green v Newport, 4-4 on aggregate and about to go to extra time in the rain. Love it.

I’m also assuming we’re all Brentford next week...? Even if Tony Bloom isn’t...

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Brentford for the nice away day please.

D

Deleted member 2719

So looking forward to seeing Pompey cock it up for the umpteenth year........oh no they have already cocked it up by missing out!:clap::clap:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
42 year old scores to help fire Newport to Wembley.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I went to watch Newport at Wembley twice, once in the FA Trophy final (lost) and once with LB in the play off final against Wrexham when they won. Might see if I can get tickets for this one too.

As for the Championship, nah, not Brentford, knob of a manager, unlikable owner too, Swansea all the way for me.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Torn on the Championship play off.

We'd definitely do better against Brentford than Swansea and it's a great day out, but I'm not sure TB will celebrate any kind of Benham victory and Swansea is one of those aways you have to earn.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Don't know why people are thinking Brentford going up means they will get to see us play away their next year. Covid aside it's a small stadium and everyone will want a ticket. Tony won't want them up and that for me is enough to want Swansea. TB doesn't get involved in playing matters ever but always felt the need to tell the players it was a big game or offer incentives so the Brentford owner must be horrible if our Tony doesn't like him. For loyalty's sake!

Also Brentford are a better team and will do better in the PL than Swansea. The only other possible good thig about Swansea losing is that their manager might end up at Palace which would be the riskiest appointment for them for sure.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Can someone explain to me the beef beween Bloom and Brentford's owner?

Bloom’s great rival is Matthew Benham, the owner of Brentford FC who founded Smartodds, another stats-based gambling consultancy.

Similarities between Bloom and Benham abound. Like Bloom, Benham is a former City trader. Like Bloom, Benham has adopted a hedge-fund-like model, paying computer wizzes to build algorithms that help him beat the market. And like Bloom, Benham owns his boyhood football club.

Despite the similarities between the two, Benham and Bloom are archrivals. The pair first crossed paths at Premier Bet, the online bookmaker Bloom founded. Benham worked for Bloom, but the pair had a falling out that left them bitter rivals.

Former Starlizard employees say the feud is discussed often in the office but little understood beyond rumour and gossip.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Don't know why people are thinking Brentford going up means they will get to see us play away their next year. Covid aside it's a small stadium and everyone will want a ticket. Tony won't want them up and that for me is enough to want Swansea. TB doesn't get involved in playing matters ever but always felt the need to tell the players it was a big game or offer incentives so the Brentford owner must be horrible if our Tony doesn't like him. For loyalty's sake!

Also Brentford are a better team and will do better in the PL than Swansea. The only other possible good thig about Swansea losing is that their manager might end up at Palace which would be the riskiest appointment for them for sure.

There'll be those that are in the top of the top tier of loyalty points that will enjoy a trip there next year. Been to Swansea, bit of a drag to get there.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Why the devil not?

I was born & brought up just a few miles from the Goldstone

Couldn't imagine supporting anyone else except Brighton

My dad was a lifelong Gooner, and he started taking me to Highbury when l was a kid. and being an impressionable teenager, once l'd sampled First Division football, l had no time for little old Brentford!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here