Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] From a Toon fan

Acas

Feb 4, 2021
Posted a few months ago at my admiration for the way you play. Really good to watch. We finished above you but frankly don't know how! I'd have Potter in a heart beat and I still think you are very easy on the eye. Worrying really the bottom teams are pretty dress and I wouldn't worry next year as Potter with a few tweaks could get you into the top half. We have been desperate to watch and if we play the same next year, we'll struggle, again. A very odd, very monotonous season. At least you guys play some lovely stuff. Cheers.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I remember your posts from earlier in the season - good to see you back on NSC.

I guess for Newcastle, much will rest on what happens with Willock. Love the way he drives forward plus he knows how to finish too - something we have been woeful at this season. Sadly for you, I assume Arsenal will be wanting him back.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yeh a funny one from Newcastle.

They seem highly reliant on a few key players up front.

A very impressive spell over the last month though. I think Bruce is a little unfairly treated. Yes, he's not exactly inspirational, but like Hodgson, he's got them organised enough and found the goals to keep them safe. West Ham fans felt the same about Moyes until this season.

Newcastle and us and always been pretty close together for the last 5 years so it's good that we can share a friendly chat on a messageboard

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I though Newcastle were going down after we beat them, and I think they slipped to odds-on for the drop. They seem to have been on a fantastic run of results since then though. Is it me or do they always seem to have a knack of finishing the season strongly?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Living in the North East, keeping Newcastle in the same division as us is always a massive bonus for a local away day for me. That and the fact that it's a totally brilliant city.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Posted a few months ago at my admiration for the way you play. Really good to watch. We finished above you but frankly don't know how! I'd have Potter in a heart beat and I still think you are very easy on the eye. Worrying really the bottom teams are pretty dress and I wouldn't worry next year as Potter with a few tweaks could get you into the top half. We have been desperate to watch and if we play the same next year, we'll struggle, again. A very odd, very monotonous season. At least you guys play some lovely stuff. Cheers.

Always a bit of a soft spot for the Toon via family links, you are footy mad town that deserve better

Mike Ashley's mission is 17th, if you finish higher he will feel like he's been robbed and could have kept for up for a few mill less

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
ACAS is always a welcome visitor. Never been able to get to the Toon away matches myself but know plenty who have and have always been made very welcome.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Quite simply, Newcastle were a better team than us over the course of the season. More set up to benefit their individuals and more likely to score the occasional goal. The squad is paper thin though, the injuries really highlighted how short the squad was in depth. But when everyone was fit, they had no problems winning games and scoring goals. For all our lovely football, we were nowhere near as efficient as them. The big advantage we have over the Toon is our squad building process and the succession planning of players.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Quite simply, Newcastle were a better team than us over the course of the season. More set up to benefit their individuals and more likely to score the occasional goal. The squad is paper thin though, the injuries really highlighted how short the squad was in depth. But when everyone was fit, they had no problems winning games and scoring goals. For all our lovely football, we were nowhere near as efficient as them. The big advantage we have over the Toon is our squad building process and the succession planning of players.
One loan made a huge difference same with WHU , something we chose not to do and something a lot of NSCers decry.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Maybe they benefitted not having the Toon army on their backs at home?

I reckon other teams results were affected thru no fans, i.e. Liverpool usually have the roar of the Kop, West Ham had a good season because their stadium is like a morgue anyway...? just a theory....

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Graeme Jones

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Are you worried that Bruce is papering over cracks? He seemed to pull it out of the bag, but I wonder whether it just forestalls the inevitable. Saint Maximin seems to be a vital cog in the wheel and that can't be sustainable. I'd imagine lots of rebuilding to do and perhaps time to say goodbye to Shelvey.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Newcastle is a brilliant place for a visit. I sincerely hope that the club gets it's shit together at some point.

The fans deserve more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here