Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marks out of 10 for this season

Marks out of 10 for this season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

So with the season now finished - in your honest opinion what score out of 10 would you give the side?

For me the plusses are:

Staying up
Matching last seasons points tally
Matching last seasons number of wins
Better defence
Keeping White
Bissouma, Sanchez, Dunk, Webster, Burn, Veltman all doing well
Style of play much better

The negatives

For the 4th season on the trot - we are a bottom 6 side
Lack of wins - 9 wins for the 4th season on the trot
Poor vision from the club in not replacing Murray with a decent centre forward
Connolly, Ali J, Tau, Andone all need to go

I will give this season 6/10

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
7 - there may have been times when we could have been a 5.

I believe we are a forward or two away from hitting the 12th and above placing.....

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
All very hmm for me. Some good moments mixed with a total lack of frustration due to a total inability to score goals. This has to be rectified for next season or it will look very much the same again...(or worse)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fabulous but we could have done better - 6 for me

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
7 - some frustrating results, some incredibly memorable ones. Not kicked on in the league like I’d have liked but have in terms of performances - pretty happy overall.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
6/10 seems fair to me.

Some fantastic player recruitment, brilliant performances against the top sides.

However, very poor results against bottom sides, very low number of wins and inadequate goal contributions from the midfield players.

Overall, I'm relatively happy with the final league table, happy with GP and really looking forward to seeing who we bring in over summer - and interested in who we loan out for further development.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'd give us 5/10. I really don't think you can go much higher because ultimately we've finished on the same number of points and a place lower than last season. A season has to be judged as a season as a whole.

Positives
We've played better football
We've taken some of the biggest result in our history (City H, Liverpool A)
The development of youth and how the likes of Sanchez and White have looked since coming in
The above meaning we've been able to move on some of the older players such as Stephens and Duffy without seeing a drop-off in quality
We turned around a perilous looking position at New Year
We kicked Leeds' arse twice. Not that relevant to the season but I enjoyed it.

Negatives
We failed to beat any of the bottom 4 in 8 games this season
Once again we've been fortunate there's been three woeful teams taking up the relegation places
No quality, lead striker (still) - Maupay and Welbeck have done OK but needed support
Continually failing to manage a game through when winning toward the end (Palace, Wolves, Leicester in the cup etc.)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've gone 8/10 because reaching 41 points and still having a further 25 points dropped from winning positions show how much this team have progressed.

To have missed both first choice wing backs for such a huge chunk of this season and still been in a position to have reached 66 points is incredible. The goal difference, the Xg all point to a lot of things going right, but the absence of Bissouma will be a huge concern to Potter.

Fromthesouth

Apr 30, 2016
Given a 6, some of our football has been very good, just need to sort out the finishing. Would be nice next season to stay up without worrying about other teams results.

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
7 for me.

+ve - some great football, beating Liverpool at Anfield and Citeh at home and avoided the drop by 13 points in the end. Our goal difference is much better than those around us in the bottom half. Defence was good and Bissouma a joy to watch.

-ve - we played gash against Fulham, Sheffield Utd, West Brom and lost far too many points from winning/ drawing positions. Finishing in front of goal was woeful. We either tried to walk the ball into the net or thrashed wildly from distance (you know who I'm talking about Yves!!). We so need that striker.

But this is the Albion and we are back in the Premier League for a 5th season in a great ground. We have an exciting young team, a brilliant owner/ chairman, a well run club and a manager who does brave (and sometimes puzzling) things with team selection. It sure ain't dull and I can't wait for a new season and the chance to watch live football again.

:albion2::albion2:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Trying not to get swayed by the loss, likewise by beating ManC.

Two aspects for me:

1. Points and results - no improvement whatsoever, the table doesn’t lie.

2. Performances and prospects - other than a shite winter, a load of positives compared to the previous three seasons: Sanchez, Bissouma, creativity, RB finally sorted, MacAllister, Lallana, Welbeck of late, Webster, Gross, Solly. Tactical adaptability - finally not stuck in the suicidal mindset of passes around the back for 90 minutes when closed down.

The club must replace Bissouma properly, or the above would’ve all been built on sand.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
7 - Oh please.

If ever there was a 5 (five) season it's this one.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Think it was as expected this season. First season I didn’t worry about going down at the start of the season. As it went on the doubt crept in, but potter turned it around.

Has provided a lot hope for next season though.

Watching at home has probably not helped one bit. There’s at least 4 teams we should have finished above. Let’s hope we go on next season and show everyone what we are all about.

Overall a 6 from me, however I could wake up tomorrow and it could be a 7.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd give us 5/10. I really don't think you can go much higher because ultimately we've finished on the same number of points and a place lower than last season. A season has to be judged as a season as a whole.

Positives
We've played better football
We've taken some of the biggest result in our history (City H, Liverpool A)
The development of youth and how the likes of Sanchez and White have looked since coming in
The above meaning we've been able to move on some of the older players such as Stephens and Duffy without seeing a drop-off in quality
We turned around a perilous looking position at New Year
We kicked Leeds' arse twice. Not that relevant to the season but I enjoyed it.

Negatives
We failed to beat any of the bottom 4 in 8 games this season
Once again we've been fortunate there's been three woeful teams taking up the relegation places
No quality, lead striker (still) - Maupay and Welbeck have done OK but needed support
Continually failing to manage a game through when winning toward the end (Palace, Wolves, Leicester in the cup etc.)

Bollocks.

They could have been far better, and racked up 10 more points each, and we’d still have been more than safe.

In fact if they HAD got 10 more points each, where do you think those 30 points would have come from? They’d have come from Newcastle, Burnley, Palace, etc, and as a result we’d have finished HIGHER in the table.

We stayed up because WE were more then good enough to do so. We earned 41 points - other teams being shit had **** all to do with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here