Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ***PLAYER RATINGS vs Arsenal - 23/5/21***

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Oh well, we really finished on Tuesday..... I’m not giving anyone below average because they’ve earnt a bit of leeway IMO

6 - average

Sanchez - 7 - busiest he’s been for some time....
White - 6
Dunk - 6
Webster - 8 - MoM
Burn - 6
Bissouma - 8 - hope he stays, but if he doesn’t, it’s been a pleasure watching him
Moder - 7
MacAllister - 6
Gross - 6
Trossard - 6
AJ - 6 - really not good enough, his inability to play in Trossard epitomised his time with us. Good luck to him though

Lallana - 6
Connolly - 6
Alzate - 6

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Sanchez - 6
Ali J - 6
Burn - 6
Dunk - 6
Webster - 8 MOTM
White - 7
Bissouma - 8
Moder - 8
MacAllister - 6
Gross - 6
Trossard - 6

Lallana - 6
Connolly - 5
Alzate - 6

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Very poor performance
Sanchez 6
White 4 Out of position so often. Just not a fullback
Dunk 5 Gave forwards far too much room
Webster 6 As Dunk but contributed a bit more
Burn 4 A very poor full back
Gross 5 Average and didnt contribute anything positive
Bissouma 6 Agree some good tackles but not helped surrounded by many having a poor game
Moder 6 Good to see him have a game CM
Macallister 5 In an attacking midfield role should contribute more.
Alli 4 Poor Gone of boil last 2 games
Connelly 3 Played liked I think he might be. A fit non league player who is out of his depth
Trossard 4 As our only player capable of doing something different strange going of. Never understood where he was playing. Was crying out for him to go left and a central striker on to support.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sanchez: 7 - Some dodgy handling but no chance with the goals. Crisp passing and a few decent saves.

Burn: 6 - He was really pushed back by Arsenal and generally average when attacking.

Dunk: - 5 Pepe was his man for both goals although not entirely his fault. Looked like he should have been closer. The two match ban had obviously taken the edge off his game. Let’s hope Southgate wasn’t watching.

Webster: - 8 Back to his form of the 1st half of the season. Injury cost him a shot at the POTS title. Really pleased that he’ll clearly be with us next season.

White: - 6 Neat enough but really pushed back by Arsenal in to a deeper position.

Bissouma: - 8 MotM. Probably his last for us but he was better than everybody else once again.

Moder: - 7 This guy has a lot of quality. I can’t wait for his goal scoring talent to come to the fore.

Ali-J: 6 - Did a few good things but didn’t worry Arsenal’s back line enough. Was that his last game for us?

MacAllister: - 7 He really tried hard and was part of some nice one touch passing but he didn’t look comfortable in whatever position he was meant to have been playing. A victim of his having too many central midfielders on the pitch.

Groß: - 6 I like him when he is central, he was average today, nothing more.

Trossard: - 6 I don’t think he did much wrong but not a lot right either.

Subs:
Lallana: - 6 So calm and clever on the ball but often found himself congested with all the midfielders we had playing.

Connolly: - 5 He fell over when you needed him to stand firm. His shot was horrific but he had such little support. Needs a new start in August.

Alzate: - 6 No mistakes but needs to add more to his game if he wants to start regularly.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sanchez 7 - did good and brave decisions but struggled a few times

White 5 - few good tackles but gave away the ball too easy on a couple of occasions
Dunk 5 - not his day
Webster 7 - best defender today
Burn 5 - didnt get enough help in defense so not going to be harsh on that, but lost the ball too easy too often

Gross 6 - not bad but struggled to get close to pacy Arsenal players
Bissouma 8 - bunch of good tackles and accurate passing
Macallister 5 - not today

Trossard 4 - hiding. Touched the ball 4 times in one half. Needs to understand which spaces to use in order to get involved.
Ali J 5 - not strong enough to win duels, not quick enough to run away from defenders... but at least wasnt hiding so a plus for that

Connolly 5 - some clever runs and tidy passes, lots of bullshit diving however
Lallana 6 - some nice through balls
Alzate 6 - didnt play much but looked alright

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Sanchez 7 - did good and brave decisions but struggled a few times

White 5 - few good tackles but gave away the ball too easy on a couple of occasions
Dunk 5 - not his day
Webster 7 - best defender today
Burn 5 - didnt get enough help in defense so not going to be harsh on that, but lost the ball too easy too often

Gross 6 - not bad but struggled to get close to pacy Arsenal players
Bissouma 8 - bunch of good tackles and accurate passing
Macallister 5 - not today

Trossard 4 - hiding. Touched the ball 4 times in one half. Needs to understand which spaces to use in order to get involved.
Ali J 5 - not strong enough to win duels, not quick enough to run away from defenders... but at least wasnt hiding so a plus for that

Connolly 5 - some clever runs and tidy passes, lots of bullshit diving however
Lallana 6 - some nice through balls
Alzate 6 - didnt play much but looked alright

Moder? Interested to see your rating of him after your comment in his thread. Personally I thought he was decent again today and really does look a prospect.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Sanchez - 7
White - 5 poor on too many occasions today
Dunk - 6
Webster - 8 - excellent
Burn - 6
Bissouma - 8.5 best player on the pitch
Moder - 7
MacAllister - 6
Gross - 6
Trossard - 6
AJ - 5.5

Lallana - 6
Connolly - 3 offers nothing
Alzate - 6

Potter - 5 - rate him but the subs unbalanced us today

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Moder? Interested to see your rating of him after your comment in his thread. Personally I thought he was decent again today and really does look a prospect.

Oops.

Moder 6 - energetic and maybe the most threatening player going forward today, but gave Chambers way too much time and space on many occasions.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I never like individual scoring of player performances, but would like to say...

... nope, nothing,

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Not sure anyone merited an 8 today. A rare score for any player in the team on the end of a 2-0 loss.

BISSOUMA, Moder and Webster the only ones worth a 6 today for me, 7 a push. Rest 4s and 5s.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Not sure anyone merited an 8 today. A rare score for any player in the team on the end of a 2-0 loss.

BISSOUMA, Moder and Webster the only ones worth a 6 today for me, 7 a push. Rest 4s and 5s.

Agree and as shown in my marks

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Sanchez 6
White 5
Dunk 5
Webster 7
Gross 5
Burn 5
Bissouma 7
Moder 6
MacAllister 5
Trossard 4
Jahanbakhsh 4

Lallana 5
Connolly 4
Alzate 3

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yes, not up to much today. One of our weakest performances of the season.

Webster, Bissouma and Moder get 7s
Dunk, Lallana and Sanchez 6s
Alzate a 5.5
White, Burn, Mac Allister and Gross 5s
Ali J, Connolly and Tross 4s

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Bissouma was IMMENSE today. I swear he gave the ball away a couple of times just so he could show off how good he is at winning it back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here