Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Let the transfer window be thrown open

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thank god all that nonsense is over and done with.
We can finally get down to the enjoyable side of football.

After that and Tuesday's performance I'm just grateful the club won't be going again with the 'identical' strikeforce.
A late rally of striker competence was the last thing we needed.

So buckle up all you Moldovan, Albanian and Greek second division centre forwards, we're coming for you.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Can't wait to sign the "Venezuelan Messi" from some club in Estonia

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can imagine Burnley fans must be worried with their 17th place finish, Celtic, Palace and Wolves jobs vacant and decent defenders at a premium.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can't wait to sign the "Venezuelan Messi" from some club in Estonia

If there's even a hint of Valderrama to him:-

I WILL DRIVE THERE AND GET HIM MYSELF.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Required at the Albion:

1. LWB of Veltman’s standard.

2. DM of Bissouma’s standard and pace/mobility, assuming he moves on. All the other promote from within ideas, huge gambles. How many times did a brilliant Bissouma tackle save the day and points?

3. A striker who can actually tuck away chances and half chances.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Sell some of the players who arent positively contributing to us so we can raise some transfer funds (or at least get their wages off the books)... Duffy, Locadia, Jahanbaksh, Izquierdo, Ryan, Propper, Andone, Connolly.

Then the shopping list is;

- Experienced goalkeeper as competition for Sanchez
- Left back. March and new left back alternating depending on the opposition.
- An upgrade on on Izzy/Jahanbaksh. Would love this to be Periera from West Brom (but probably cant afford him and a striker)
- A composed/clinical striker.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Sell some of the players who arent positively contributing to us so we can raise some transfer funds (or at least get their wages off the books)... Duffy, Locadia, Jahanbaksh, Izquierdo, Ryan, Propper, Andone, Connolly.

- An upgrade on on Izzy/Jahanbaksh. Would love this to be Periera from West Brom (but probably cant afford him and a striker)

That's it

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
I'm looking foward to the Copa America in a few weeks. With the new immigration situation, from what I understand there should be a lot more potential signings in the shop window.
Also, hopefully Caicedo plays for Ecuador, will be good to see him getting game time against better opposition (and he's done well for his country already).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last edited:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis

I think you won't find many people disagreeing with much of that, including Tony Bloom.

Unfortunately it's highly unlikely to happen because there is little money available in football to pay a fee for those players, let alone matching their current wages.
Expect lots of deals with 'undisclosed' fees, just to save face.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I think you won't find many people disagreeing with much of that, including Tony Bloom.

Unfortunately it's highly unlikely to happen because there is little money available in football to pay a fee for those players, let alone matching their current wages.
Expect lots of deals with 'undisclosed' fees, just to save face.

I'd expect some free transfers or small undisclosed fees paid for the new goalkeeper and left back (if we make those signings) and then spend whatever small budget we have on the new striker, supplemented by the sales of any from Propper, Ryan, Locadia, Andone, Duffy, and AJ.

AlbionInUs

Oct 11, 2019
US
I feel like we only need just the one player. Yeah, it would be nice to get in a winger/gk/lwb, but our squad is already pretty bloated as it is.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here