Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Ron Hill and the Goldstone

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
No memories from the Goldstone but a running great. My Ron Hill trackie bottoms never get thrown out.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I see Ron Hill (marathon great) has died. I seem to remember him running at the Goldstone before a home match...anyone got more info/detail?

TNBA

TTF

Was he a Palace fan? Lots of those running at the Goldstone, after the match.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Ron Hill's tracksuits were the choice of many physical education instructor in HM Forces in the late 80's and early 90's.
Many of a swoon was had when these fine toned bodies were strutting around the RAF gyms in said tracksuit bottoms.
Us normal humanoids wear attempted to wear them, ended up looking like a bad Max Wall impersonator :lolol:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Blimey, haven't the moths got to them yet?

No. They must have had trouble chomping through the 100% polyester.

Ron Hill's tracksuits were the choice of many physical education instructor in HM Forces in the late 80's and early 90's.
Many of a swoon was had when these fine toned bodies were strutting around the RAF gyms in said tracksuit bottoms.
Us normal humanoids wear attempted to wear them, ended up looking like a bad Max Wall impersonator :lolol:

😄
All made by Ron Hill’s multi million sports clothing business.
4542C246-EC33-47D7-8FC2-196DA8865217.jpeg

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I spent a great deal of the 80s in Ron Hill Tracksters. Perfect leg wear for rock climbing as I didn’t have the confidence to wear the Lycra tights most of the “stars” of the era wore.

I’ll be honest that I hadn’t a clue who Ron Hill was back then. It was only when I took up running 12 years ago that I learnt more about him.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
It was Dave Bedford at the Goldstone , remember it well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here