Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Palarse review of the season

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
In todays Observer there is a fan review of the season. This is what the Palace fan (Chris Waters) said made him smile,

'Benteke's volleyed winner at Brighton with the last kick ofthe game. The sheer injustice of it in a game Brighton had utterly dominated was just too perfect.'

Well I'm chuffed someone enjoyed it.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
The rest of the season Review was:

Same old shit team
Same old shit style
Atleast we've got the shiny new stadium. Oh.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
The rest of the season Review was:

Same old shit team
Same old shit style
Atleast we've got the shiny new stadium. Oh.

Unfair.

It’s not a shiny new stadium.

It’s a shiny new superstand.

Oh…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
tenor.gif

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
A poor season for us, and it brings a end to Roy’s pragmatic approach.
Hopefully a new manager and new players will bring a more enjoyable experience.

Good news that we finished above you lot again, and maybe with a new approach next season, we can widen the gap between us.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton

Good news that we finished above you lot again, and maybe with a new approach next season, we can widen the gap between us.

if it wasn't for the mugging , youd have been below us . exciting times are ahead for you though

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

If you regard that as a poor season then I suggest you brace yourself for 2021/22. No manager, 17 players out of contract, Eze out til 2022 and Zaha making noises about leaving does not bode well, and 6 points from your last 8 matches is relegation form.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
In todays Observer there is a fan review of the season. This is what the Palace fan (Chris Waters) said made him smile,

'Benteke's volleyed winner at Brighton with the last kick ofthe game. The sheer injustice of it in a game Brighton had utterly dominated was just too perfect.'

Well I'm chuffed someone enjoyed it.

To be fair that type of ill deserved smash and grab probably gives an away fan more pleasure than a victory after playing well. To do it in a local derby makes it all the more sweet. So to miss out on being in the stadium must really hurt the Palace massive. Unlucky.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I think Palace will suffer under the weight of expectation next season.
The new manager will do well to better Hodgson's effort, yet the fans will automatically expect it.
A failure to show any belief in a new style of play will leave the manager under the same pressure as Frank de Boer suffered before getting the bullet.

By late December Parish will once again not know whether to stick or twist.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey

Out of curiosity where will the new players come from? You have one player of any worth, twelve out of contract and not got a pot to piss in.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

I seem to recall last time you tried a new style with De Boer you all burst in to tears and demanded a return to a good old English dinosaur.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

(W)Roy did OK for you, he polished a turd as best he could...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I am not saying that we will be finishing above you next season, but I am curious as to how losing your manager and having most of your team out of contract makes you confident enough to not only think you’ll finish above us but also that you’ll widen the gap, whilst changing the style.

If I were you I’d be excited to be getting a new manager and players. I’d also be very concerned though :shrug:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Thought experiment:

If the Palace away game had been a mirror image of the Amex game, that is to say they had hammered us all day long and we had won the match with our only two touches inside the box - literally the ultimate smash and grab - would that have been our highlight of the season? Would it have been better than Man City, or the Spurs/Liverpool double week?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Thought experiment:

If the Palace away game had been a mirror image of the Amex game, that is to say they had hammered us all day long and we had won the match with our only two touches inside the box - literally the ultimate smash and grab - would that have been our highlight of the season? Would it have been better than Man City, or the Spurs/Liverpool double week?

That would have be a yes from me. That game still winds me up (along with Villa away throwing away the Championship). As undeserved as it was I’m sure our sad Palace twats on here didn’t mind one bit. Just glad there were no fans in the ground.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
That would have be a yes from me. That game still winds me up (along with Villa away throwing away the Championship). As undeserved as it was I’m sure our sad Palace twats on here didn’t mind one bit. Just glad there were no fans in the ground.

I will argue this to death for the rest of time.

We had three games to win the league and we bottled all of them.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I will argue this to death for the rest of time.

We had three games to win the league and we bottled all of them.

Agreed we did bottle all of them however we were 1-0 up with 10 minutes to go and gave them a soft as f*** goal from 25 yards out, scored by Jack Grealish to make it even worse.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here