Date: Sunday 23rd May 2021
Kick-off: 16:00 BST
Referee: Jonathan Moss
Assistants: Marc Perry, Timothy Wood
Fourth Official: Dean Whitestone
VAR: Simon Hooper
Additional VAR: Derek Eaton

TEAM NEWS

Arsenal defender Hector Bellerin will miss Sunday's finale because of bruising to the bone in his lower leg.

Reserve goalkeeper Mat Ryan is ineligible to face his parent club.

Brighton & Hove Albion forward Neal Maupay is still suspended but captain Lewis Dunk returns after serving a two-match ban.

Danny Welbeck, Joel Veltman and Davy Propper will all miss out due to hamstring, calf and ankle injuries respectively.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Arsenal are attempting to do the league double over Brighton for the first time since the 1980-81 top-flight campaign.
    [*=left]The Gunners have won just two of the seven Premier League meetings, drawing two and losing three.
Arsenal

• [*=left]Arsenal's run of four consecutive Premier League wins is their best since a seven-match streak under Unai Emery in October 2018.
    [*=left]An Arsenal defeat would set an outright club record of eight Premier League home losses in a season.
    [*=left]The Gunners, who begin the day in ninth, could finish outside the top eight for only the third time in their past 38 top-flight campaigns.
    [*=left]They have 25 points from 18 home games - their lowest final tally in a Premier League season is 27, set in 1994-95.
    [*=left]Arsenal haven't lost their final league match of the season since 2004-05 and have won the last nine.
    [*=left]Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang could become the first Gunners player since Alan Smith (1989-92) to score in the last match of four consecutive campaigns.
    [*=left]Nicolas Pepe can score in three consecutive Arsenal appearances in all competitions for the first time.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton's nine victories this season equals their final tally from each of their top-flight campaigns since promotion in 2017.
    [*=left]They need one point to finish with a club record total in the Premier League, surpassing the 41 earned last year.
    [*=left]Albion can also set an outright top-flight record of six away victories in a season.
    [*=left]Pascal Gross has registered six Premier League assists in 2021, more than any other player.

Graham Potter's Arsenal Press Conference

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Last game of the season could bring some strange results, if we win and Newcastle, Southampton And Palace all lose, I reckon we could finish 13th and above Palace ( I think.... it is early for such permutations)
Anyway, let’s go out on a high ! We have our captain back so let’s shoot down these Gunners ! .....

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
They are actually very strong at the moment, finally looking like a team rather than some random mix of strangers trying to play some football. If they have a good day, they definitely got the advantage in terms of quality.

At the same time, they are a good fit for Brighton, often leaving the kind of spaces that the "park the bus" teams dont.

Expecting a very tight game. First goal is going to be very important as I think they would struggle with the pressure of going one down, while Brighton would struggle to break them down if they go one up.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Following s superb victory defeating the champions Potter has reached the second interview stage, beat Arsenal and the Spurs job is his :wink:

Following s superb victory defeating the champions Potter has reached the second interview stage, beat Arsenal and the Spurs job is his.
This is because the football world are now recognising what a talented, forward thinking, young manager Brighton have recruited.
However because of the trust he has in Tony Bloom's vision he wants to stay and continue improving Brighton. :wink:

Brilliant words, Justice!

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
It will be all down to how the players turn up for this. Trossard, magnificent and "Eden Hazard like" against City or Trossard invisible, disinterested and lethargic against West Ham.
Lets go for it and finish on a real high. Zaqiri to start please and really worry the life out of their defenders in the high press.:)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Fans in the ground was great for us on Tuesday. It might not be for Arsenal. If we can get on top early there's every chance they'll get on the team's back. They have won their last 4 league games though, so we'll need to be on it.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Could the fans return backfire on Arsenal? Not a good season with another empty cupboard. Early attacks from the Albion could get the fans alienated against their team.
I ask just one thing, we MUST finish above Palace.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I believe that only two teams have done the double over us this season, Arsenal have the chance to make it 3 Given that we are and have been at the Arse :)rolleyes:) end of the table all season that’s pretty impressive.

Let’s keep it at 2 (happy to be corrected but I think it’s just United, controversial that one and Leicester?)

Win today and there has to be a decent chance we’ll finish above Palace

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
11 points clear of relegation, beat Arsenal and Palace lose to Liverpool and we go above them.

Going into the last game, I would have taken that at the beginning of the season. Now we just have to finish the job ???

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Now remember lads , NO tackling , NO touching the ball , and definitely NO trying to hold out for a 0-0 , .

This is Arsenal they were nearly good once .

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

scooter1

How soon is now?
Interesting to see if we start with a recognised striker, or as it was when Welbeck went off. Whilst we had the numerical advantage for 80 mins against City, it’d be great to try and press Arsenal in the same vein. They’re definitely a team that don’t like it up em, and a few solid midfield tackles might have them on the back foot.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
11 points clear of relegation, beat Arsenal and Palace lose to Liverpool and we go above them.

Going into the last game, I would have taken that at the beginning of the season. Now we just have to finish the job ???

Yet it's still a season of 'what might have been' with the possibility of finishing 17th.
(not that I think we will, I think Utd will humiliate Burnley)

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
4f01892f687b8b7886b465784c08a917.jpg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Yet it's still a season of 'what might have been' with the possibility of finishing 17th.
(not that I think we will, I think Utd will humiliate Burnley)

or 13th or anywhere in between.

I'll let you know whether we have been absolutely brilliant or complete crap this season at 6pm :wink:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Looking forward to this, but Arsenal will be really boosted by the return of their fans, like we were v City.

It will take another very special performance to win today. But if we did it would likely be our greatest ever finish in The Premier League... even finishing above Palace for their first time possibly!

Big game.

Also I hadn't realised until this morning that Dunk is back. Assumed it was a 3 match ban for some reason.

And I always feel that Gross with Dunk and Webster means we are a real danger at set pieces :thumbsup:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Looking forward to this, but Arsenal will be really boosted by the return of their fans, like we were v City.

It will take another very special performance to win today. But if we did it would likely be our greatest ever finish in The Premier League... even finishing above Palace for their first time possibly!

Big game.

Also I hadn't realised until this morning that Dunk is back. Assumed it was a 3 match ban for some reason.

The amount of noise Arsenal fans usually manage at the Emirates, will the players notice they’re back.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And I always feel that Gross with Dunk and Webster means we are a real danger at set pieces :thumbsup:

Whereas Webster and Burn are more of a threat from open play. :lol:

Having cleared out Bet365 on Tuesday, I'm at a loss as to who's carrying my fiver today.
I just can't double dip BDB.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here