Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Hickey - Left back

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
He's not had the best season since moving from Hearts to Bologna, suffering from Covid, getting injured and then being the youngest player to be sent off in Serie A for about 64 years! However...this kid has huge potential and there are rumours Celtic are looking to buy him in the summer and he'll only cost about £4m. Would be a good option at LB/LWB, similar type of player to Lamptey, i.e. a skillful, pacey attacking fullback.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Sign the Hibs left back, then sign this guy and loan him to Hibs.
Not sure he would prefer to go from Hearts to Bologna and then sign with us only to be loaned to Hibs. Bit of a step backwards after moving to Serie A.

If Celtic are going for him, then i guess he would prefer that move than go to Hibs on loan. But I think he might prefer going to Brighton than Celtic if we could give him first team football, as it's a bigger opportunity playing in the Premier League and he can see how well the club has done developing players. I think he'd fit in well at LWB.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Not sure he would prefer to go from Hearts to Bologna and then sign with us only to be loaned to Hibs. Bit of a step backwards after moving to Serie A.

If Celtic are going for him, then i guess he would prefer that move than go to Hibs on loan. But I think he might prefer going to Brighton than Celtic if we could give him first team football, as it's a bigger opportunity playing in the Premier League and he can see how well the club has done developing players. I think he'd fit in well at LWB.

Yeah, I agree, my post was somewhat tongue in cheek but not out of the realms of possibility!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wouldn't say no to a flutter for around £4M. Don't know where that would leave the likes of Karbo, and any other youngsters we've got getting close. If he's playing in Seria A now, can't see him being too happy to go out on loan to Preston or Rochdale or wherever! I suppose we could loan him back to Bologna for a year if he's not quite PL ready yet.

Jul 7, 2003
Some people have no respect. There was only one person on here who was allowed to talk about new left backs - the much missed Bens Grandad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here