Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fixtures for 2021/22 - Date for your diary

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I see in the paper today that next season's fixtures are out in just under 4 weeks time!

Wednesday 16th June to be precise. Season start date is 14th August 2021.

Getting excited already what with the Euro's also starting on the 11th June too.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
The Football League season begins on the weekend of 7th August, the week before the Premier League.
And EFL fixtures will be announced on Thursday, June 24 at 9am.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Whilst it is great that "fixtures released" day causes some people to get a tad excited, I really do not understand why, and why there are "brunches, breakfasts events and the like just whooshes over my head. . We all know we will play everyteam twice so there is zero surprises in store on that. And dates are just aspirational these days anyway, with any "juicy" matches especially likely to be moved by 2 or 3 days either side for TV.

So actually all that is released is a series of dates that may or may not be roughly when we play a particular team. IMO its a classic case of "Emperors New Clothes" Sky and BT will big it up and try and make a big thing of it, but ultimately its always a "meh day"

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
There has probably never been a more eagerly anticipated season than 2021/22. I am so looking forward to proper days out at the football.

....aaah....but when?
Nobody can say for sure if and when stadiums will be allowed to fill up again. We could go the whole season ( 21/22 ) with only one quarter capacity allowed for all clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here