Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falklands War

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Still find it hard to believe it was 39 years ago.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
Biggest event of the year will be the remembrance service at the National Memorial Arboretum on 14th June (Liberation Day) 10,000 Falkland Veterans expected to attend. Will be quite a day and very emotional. The 255 lads still on patrol are remembered every day.

Lots of other events up and down the country, will be a busy year.

I was lucky enough to spend Liberation Day in the Falklands in 2019. What a day that was. The Falkland Islanders are the most patriotic people I have ever come across.

Jan 30, 2008
Biggest event of the year will be the remembrance service at the National Memorial Arboretum on 14th June (Liberation Day) 10,000 Falkland Veterans expected to attend. Will be quite a day and very emotional. The 255 lads still on patrol are remembered every day.

Lots of other events up and down the country, will be a busy year.

I was lucky enough to spend Liberation Day in the Falklands in 2019. What a day that was. The Falkland Islanders are the most patriotic people I have ever come across.

Great to know 🇬🇧

Regards
DF

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Just watched the BBC Documentary "Our Falklands War: A Frontline Story"

Sobering stuff, well worth a watch.

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0018c8n

I had the privilege of meeting Robert Lawrence of the Scots Guards as he passed through our office at QEMH Woolwich while organising his path back to Civvy Street. Such an impressive man. I have never forgotten him, and I don't think I ever will.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I had the privilege of meeting Robert Lawrence of the Scots Guards as he passed through our office at QEMH Woolwich while organising his path back to Civvy Street. Such an impressive man. I have never forgotten him, and I don't think I ever will.
I'm not surprised he made such an impression, from what was shown in that doc.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not sure why this thread is down here......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here