Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Darren Bloody Stevens ... what the ...?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Stevo is in a partnership with Miguel Cummins that currently stands at 142 ... Cummins has scored 1

He's getting better as he gots old, he'll be like Garry Sobers by the time he's 50

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Stevo is in a partnership with Miguel Cummins that currently stands at 142 ... Cummins has scored 1

He's getting better as he gots old, he'll be like Garry Sobers by the time he's 50
Well bowled

:lolol:

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Well over half the team's total runs as well.

At this point I'd believe it if you told me he was personally responsible for the rain not stopping play at Canterbury as it has every other ground in the country.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Stevens' SR is currently 128.38 (per 100 balls)
Cummins' is 1.82 :clap2:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Partnership ended up being 166 runs with Cummins getting just one of those, unbelievable.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Stevens was the ninth wicket to fall, with the score on 294.

The number 11 came in and smacked his first ball for six to secure a batting point. Class.

These respective SRs are good:

Untitled.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Partnership ended up being 166 runs with Cummins getting just one of those, unbelievable.

I once took part in a partnership of 112, of which I scored 16. I thought that was a bit lopsided but this one is out of this world.

I don't what the record for the percentage of runs in a partnership but that must be up there. I remember Astle scored a few in a partnership with Morrison but will have to look up the record

EDIT: It is, indeed, a first class record

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just keeps going. Every couple of years there seems to be another couple of years in him.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I wonder if he'll get an England cap. They could do worse in English conditions.

It would be some feat to make his debut at 45; the second oldest person (I think) to make an England test debut

Love to see it

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I wonder if he'll get an England cap. They could do worse in English conditions.

It would be some feat to make his debut at 45; the second oldest person (I think) to make an England test debut

Love to see it

Me too, especially if the Test in question clashes with a Kent v Sussex game.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry

Love to see it

I don’t think it will happen but it would be a reminder that you’re never too old if you’re good enough. I remember when David Steele was drafted in(successfully) in the mid 1970s but he was only in his thirties I think(though looked ancient)!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just keeps going. Every couple of years there seems to be another couple of years in him.

It is quite incredible. Like a fine, six hitting wine.

The stand in the OP had me thinking of the time I batted with young JH when he was in his double century whacking pomp. I know there was a stand where we put on about 90 and he got about 80 of them and pretty much all my contributions were singles putting him back on strike. I can't remember the exact numbers though. He was out first, mind.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Just wish he wasn't a Man of Kent (or is he a Kentish Man?)

Superb County player playing for the wrong County.

Bet he will take a hatfull of wickets as well.

p.s. Can he change his middle name to Bloody via Deed Poll to save us the effort? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here