Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which position will we finish in?

Which position will we finish in?

• 13th

Votes: 21 21.2%
  • 14th

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • 15th

Votes: 13 13.1%
  • 16th

Votes: 34 34.3%
  • 17th

Votes: 14 14.1%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Arsenal v Brighton & Hove Albion
Fulham v Newcastle United
Liverpool v Crystal Palace
Sheffield United v Burnley
West Ham United v Southampton

(2017/18 - 15th/40pts; 2018/19 - 17th/36pts; 15th/41pts)

Screenshot 2021-05-21 at 13.48.42.png

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I reckon we will get a point at Arsenal. They are far too excited about finishing above Spurs, but I reckon they will buffoon it.

Burnley will beat the Blades.

But, those cocky Geordies who seem to think that Steve Bruce has become a managerial genius will come unstuck at Fulham.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
13th!
I reckon we will beat Arsenal - they will come at us, desperate for the win which suits us.
Liverpool will beat Palace
West Ham will beat the Saints
Burnley will beat Sheff U
Fulham vs Newcastle is the one that might ruin everything, but I've an inkling that Fulham will have some pride to play for and the Magpies will be in flip-flops.

If we lose to Arsenal, we'll be 17th - I'm that sure Burnley will beat the Blades.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think 16th, because I believe we'll nudge a draw at Arsenal and goal difference will keep us above Burnley who I think will slaughter Sheffield United, 1-0.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
16th. We will lose or draw at Arsenal, but Burnley will fail to be Sheff Utd.

I really hope we don't finish 17th - the shittest team to stay up would be a bit harsh

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
17th - We lose to Arse, but Burnley beat the no-hopers (which we couldn't do, so it serves us right).

Although if we win, we should end up above the glass house, because even the Scousers at their most incompetent shouldn't mess that one up.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Defeat leaving us 16th or 17th with 41 points causing a rash of 'we're no better than last season' posts and more arguments to break out between [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] and [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION]. Wouldn't it be nice if everyone could agree a truce in advance - its obvious whatever happens the 'We're no better than last season - FACT' thread will be bounced, by one side or the other, so why don't people do it in advance, play out the arguments and then all shake hands before going for a long close-season lie down ready to do it all over again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dunno why, other than the fact they're not playing us, posters think Burnley will beat S Utd.

I reckon there's more chance of Utd scoring 6 than Burnley taking 3 points.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Defeat leaving us 16th or 17th with 41 points causing a rash of 'we're no better than last season' posts and more arguments to break out between [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] and [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION]. Wouldn't it be nice if everyone could agree a truce in advance - its obvious whatever happens the 'We're no better than last season - FACT' thread will be bounced, by one side or the other, so why don't people do it in advance, play out the arguments and then all shake hands before going for a long close-season lie down ready to do it all over again.

I'm not going to bounce it, as I've said all the time one point more or one point less than season is not what decides progress / no progress.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I won't be bouncing anything if we lose. Given my new boss is a quite fanatical Arsenal fan who I have a meeting with on Monday I'll be even less pleased than normal if we do lose and I'm never best happy but, having stayed up, I suspect I'll live with it.

I'm sure Swanny's already got a draft of the bounce ready to go on the final whistle though, and won't have considered for a second that it was written at a point in time when the FACT in terms of points and games was 100% true and in reference to a thread Bozza posted with the table from all the previous PL seasons at that point.

Should we win, therefore, we will have done better in the last portion of the season than ever before and that should build nicely on the post-City optimism and we can all hold hands - sorry, rub elbows - and sing Kumbyah.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dont want to tept fate, cruel bitch that she is, so not voting. Would be good though....

Would it though?

it would be the ultimate pyrrhic victory, crawling over 42 points (that is the number, isn't it? ) and just above them for probably about 2 minutes, doesn't feel that good

It feels more like Duncan Goodhew and Matt Lucas going toe to toe over the world's last remaining comb.

Sure it won't stop some from portraying it as a great, validating victory, but it really won't be if it isn't backed up from August onwards.

el punal

16th. We will lose or draw at Arsenal, but Burnley will fail to be Sheff Utd.

I really hope we don't finish 17th - the shittest team to stay up would be a bit harsh

Position-wise yes, but as it stands at the moment 13 points clear tells another story - even if we f*** up on Sunday and Fulham turn over Newcastle it will be a massive gap of 10 points.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Would love to be higher but I said 16th all along and will stick with that, so I'm going for a hatrick of three seasons getting our final position predicted correctly.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Would it though?

it would be the ultimate pyrrhic victory, crawling over 42 points (that is the number, isn't it? ) and just above them for probably about 2 minutes, doesn't feel that good

It feels more like Duncan Goodhew and Matt Lucas going toe to toe over the world's last remaining comb.

Sure it won't stop some from portraying it as a great, validating victory, but it really won't be if it isn't backed up from August onwards.

Hey, i want to be in that fight for the comb too :lolol:

Yes of course it has to be backed up in August and fwiw i reckon it will be, but it would still be nice if we were looking down on them in the only respect that they can still (for two more days at least) say they are better than us.
Besides that though we would possibly also be equalling our highest ever top flight finish, now that would be a position to push on from.

BHAFCLive

Sep 21, 2018
I think Newcastle will win so whatever happens at Arsenal, they'll finish above us. Palace and Southampton to both lose heavily. I'd take a draw at Arsenal in order to get a new high points tally.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
image.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here