Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Quick question for Season Ticket Holders

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
If you entered the ballots for the various home games fans could go to - Southampton, Sheffield, Man City - and were unsuccessful in getting tickets each time, how much did you effectively end up paying for your 2020-21 season ticket?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Lost track of the maths yonks ago. Got complete trust in the club to do the right thing on that score tho

Exactly this. Completely lost track, and have no option but to put faith in the club to get it all correct.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
All season ticket holders received a letter inside their renewal pack (the newspaper) which itemised how much left they had to pay for 21/22.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If you entered the ballots for the various home games fans could go to - Southampton, Sheffield, Man City - and were unsuccessful in getting tickets each time, how much did you effectively end up paying for your 2020-21 season ticket?

I don't really understand the question. Surely the answer is nothing for everyone, either refunded or credited against next season?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
I don't really understand the question. Surely the answer is nothing for everyone, either refunded or credited against next season?

So the answer is nothing, zero pounds? Thanks, I just wanted that confirmed.

Just wondering how pissed off I should be that my MyAlbion+ membership has just gone through for £25, and my daughter's for £15, at the exact same time of year that it went through in 2020; and for that we weren't even given a go in the ballot. Its only £40, right, I'm not screaming for a refund, but I can't say I'm happy that a season ticket holder gets the chance to apply for tickets, and if unsuccessful pays nothing, whereas a member doesn't get the chance to apply for tickets, but is still asked to pay £25 for .... nothing.

I might not live in Brighton but I want to be a member of the club, but we always do seem to be an afterthought for the management.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm pretty certain I paid nothing. Well I assume that is the case. I haven't bothered to check my bank statements.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Just wondering how pissed off I should be that my MyAlbion+ membership has just gone through for £25, and my daughter's for £15, at the exact same time of year that it went through in 2020; and for that we weren't even given a go in the ballot. Its only £40, right, I'm not screaming for a refund, but I can't say I'm happy that a season ticket holder gets the chance to apply for tickets, and if unsuccessful pays nothing, whereas a member doesn't get the chance to apply for tickets, but is still asked to pay £25 for .... nothing.

I might not live in Brighton but I want to be a member of the club, but we always do seem to be an afterthought for the management.

Yeah I've also been charged the £25 but I really am not 100% sure what for. I cancelled my ST, and hadn't requested a new MyAlbion+ membership. I'm sure there's going to be some bit of small print somewhere that explains this, but no response from Barbs as yet.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Man City tickets were available to members on the ticket exchange.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

It's a very valid question but personally if I was you I'd have started a thread about the fact you paid a membership fee for the 20/21 season and got no perceived benefit from it, rather than odd season ticket holder title.

I'd ask the club for a refund if I was you, but I suspect they will highlight other benefits you had from it?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

If it’s only just gone through then isn’t it for next season ?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
It's a very valid question but personally if I was you I'd have started a thread about the fact you paid a membership fee for the 20/21 season and got no perceived benefit from it, rather than odd season ticket holder title.

I'd ask the club for a refund if I was you, but I suspect they will highlight other benefits you had from it?

Well, I just wasn't sure if there was some kind of retained fee equivalent to my membership fee. Don't want to get all ranty when I don't have all the facts! Got the question answered nice and succinctly. But please edit my thread title if you like. Maybe Mr Barber's minions will come across it :D

I don't really want to ask for a refund, but I would like to be offered one. That way I would know we were appreciated. I'm a member because I want to be a member of Brighton, and to get a small priority window for games. Thats it really. I would never expect to be in front of STH's for anything, but equally would like to be thought of when unexpected situations occur like this year.

Benefits of membership -

NEW: Bonus points for loyalty for members that renew for consecutive seasons - OK, thats new this year, but doubt it will break any ticket-buying windows
NEW: Free E-programme (worth £48) - STH got this as well I presume
Members’ Gift Pack (worth £15) - pretty sure STH got this as well
Option to be on the season ticket waiting list - N/A - if I wanted one I would have one by now
NEW: Exclusive online member quizzes, Q&A's with players and staff, competitions and offers - Hmmmm
NEW: Birthday e-card for adults - I'll be looking out for it :lol:
Priority purchase window for home games** - N/A Season 2020/21. Although apparently and surprisingly it did fall to members for the City game. Who'd have thunk it? Not that I could have gone on a weekday evening.
Priority purchase window for away games** - N/A Season 2020/21
Three club superstore discount days with a minimum of 10% off all stock - Did these happen? But not the best deal for a member living in Cornwall
FREE Access to scheduled open training session - N/A Season 2020/21, and again not really why someone living far from the Amex gets a membership, its not that 'free' if you have to travel 300 miles first.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Man City tickets were available to members on the ticket exchange.

Is that right? Who'd have thunk it? 8,000 tickets to be shared between 20,000+ season ticket holders who had already paid in advance for the game? Surprising.

Ah well, a midweek game in Brighton not exactly an option for someone living in Cornwall. Point stands though, those 12,000 season ticket holders who couldn't make the game weren't charged, but I, in a very small way, was.

Oh yeah, if I had been able to get a ticket that way it would also have cost me £45, compared to £28 for a STH. Season-long discount, sure, makes complete sense. For a one-off game?

Oh and while I'm moaning away, when season-ticket holders were given the rights to watch games for free on Sky or BT for a few matches earlier this season, that offer wasn't extended to members.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Well, I just wasn't sure if there was some kind of retained fee equivalent to my membership fee. Don't want to get all ranty when I don't have all the facts! Got the question answered nice and succinctly. But please edit my thread title if you like. Maybe Mr Barber's minions will come across it :D

I don't really want to ask for a refund, but I would like to be offered one. That way I would know we were appreciated. I'm a member because I want to be a member of Brighton, and to get a small priority window for games. Thats it really. I would never expect to be in front of STH's for anything, but equally would like to be thought of when unexpected situations occur like this year.

Benefits of membership -

NEW: Bonus points for loyalty for members that renew for consecutive seasons - OK, thats new this year, but doubt it will break any ticket-buying windows
NEW: Free E-programme (worth £48) - STH got this as well I presume
Members’ Gift Pack (worth £15) - pretty sure STH got this as well
Option to be on the season ticket waiting list - N/A - if I wanted one I would have one by now
NEW: Exclusive online member quizzes, Q&A's with players and staff, competitions and offers - Hmmmm
NEW: Birthday e-card for adults - I'll be looking out for it :lol:
Priority purchase window for home games** - N/A Season 2020/21. Although apparently and surprisingly it did fall to members for the City game. Who'd have thunk it? Not that I could have gone on a weekday evening.
Priority purchase window for away games** - N/A Season 2020/21
Three club superstore discount days with a minimum of 10% off all stock - Did these happen? But not the best deal for a member living in Cornwall
FREE Access to scheduled open training session - N/A Season 2020/21, and again not really why someone living far from the Amex gets a membership, its not that 'free' if you have to travel 300 miles first.

Don't think we get the E-Programme, or a Gift Pack, whats in the Gift Pack?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here