Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Casuals: The story of the Legendary Terrace Fashion.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Anyone seen seen this on Amazon Prime? Cracking documentary, I thought I liked my adidas originals( over 50 pairs) some of the collectors have got great clobber.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was wondering when a Social Distant Sports Bar podder, was going to show themselves.

and if not this was the feature documentary on the aforementioned podcast last week.
Well worth a listen, as it always is, what with it being one of my top 3 pods.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

AC4D2955-3E27-4EAF-B6A0-16ABBEDADECB.jpeg

:whistle: :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Is that screen image St Andrews? As a nosey kid at the time, the most eventful incidents remain etched in my mind. Leeds visited, someone was murdered or crushing in fighting.

There was also mass on pitch fighting there, in last day of the season game where either Brum or the visitors were relegated.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
If you type 80s Casual Classics into YouTube, they have several videos discussing various brands and the like.

Great website if you’re looking for clobber, they supply a lot of films and tv shows.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
If you type 80s Casual Classics into YouTube, they have several videos discussing various brands and the like.

Great website if you’re looking for clobber, they supply a lot of films and tv shows.

Get quite a bit of me clobber from there [emoji1303]

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Thought all the cool kids in the early 80’s were New Romantics. All about design & individual style that was part of a bigger movement . The casuals all looked the same , wearing the same labels like sheep with no individuality ( plus their music wasn’t very good either )

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Thought all the cool kids in the early 80’s were New Romantics. All about design & individual style that was part of a bigger movement . The casuals all looked the same , wearing the same labels like sheep with no individuality ( plus their music wasn’t very good either )

That is codswallop sir. Football fashion is about as diverse as it gets.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Please tells us about the music the casuals were listening to in the early 80s?

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Anyone seen seen this on Amazon Prime? Cracking documentary, I thought I liked my adidas originals( over 50 pairs) some of the collectors have got great clobber.

It is a good watch with some great archive footage and interviews with modern day connoisseurs. Not sure about the Brighton based ‘moduals’ at the end though...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I think the casuals sum up the 80’s perfectly. They represent the very essence of the sort of Thatcherite inspired consumerism, capitalism, and individualism that made the decade so different from other periods. Certainly an interesting subject even if you think they all looked the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here