Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal - Why don't they just get lost?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I seriously hope the story covered by the link below doesn't come to pass. I'd be seriously pi**ed off if we sold Lamptey and Bissouma for only £70M. In fact, I'd be just as annoyed if we sold them for more than that...and to the Gooners as well. I'd love it if we could hold on to all our talented players for just one more season. At our current rate of development, maybe we'd then be an attractive enough proposition for them to want to stay with us for longer? One can but dream. :down:

https://www.brightonandhoveindepend...ouble-transfer-raid-for-brighton-pair-3243836

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm sure that Biss can sabotage his prospects with an OG and a clumsy tackle for a red on Sunday.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I seriously hope the story covered by the link below doesn't come to pass. I'd be seriously pi**ed off if we sold Lamptey and Bissouma for only £70M. In fact, I'd be just as annoyed if we sold them for more than that...and to the Gooners as well. I'd love it if we could hold on to all our talented players for just one more season. At our current rate of development, maybe we'd then be an attractive enough proposition for them to want to stay with us for longer? One can but dream. :down:

https://www.brightonandhoveindepend...ouble-transfer-raid-for-brighton-pair-3243836

It is called click bait.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I have a serious dislike of Arsenal for some reason. I wish them no ill or bad stuff but to think we would sell players to them makes me want to vomit.

Please don't let this happen Mr B.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

On the other hand, we paid £15m for Biss and £4m for Lamptey. That is a huge profit.

We invested in getting Dan Ashworth, and spend comparatively low amounts in bringing in the best recruiting network outside of the big 6, we become sustainable, can grow as a club.

I'll just add to this, Alzate cost pennies, Moder cost under £10m, Veltman cost £950k.

Buy cheap, sell high, reap the rewards the players provide while we have them, until we are are a top 10 side.

What we DON'T want to do is spunk money away on Locadias, Jahanbakshs (both unproven in the PL when we bought them -and since - and it evens out to roughly the value of Bissouma), then they could buy 10+ prospects for us to develop and sell and utilise in the mean time.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Anyone who puts a link to Brighton and hove independent should be banned for 6 months - ffs :facepalm:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

You had me flummoxed with your positive post the other day. I can now rest easy again....

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Nothing article about the betting odds on two of our players posted to get clicks and drive ad revenue, i.e. what passes as modern day journalism.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Lamptey is going nowhere this summer, but Bissouma will go, and he could go to Arsenal. Yes they are shite and quite obnoxious but the reality is that they are a very big club with a fat wallet and that has a tendency to matter a lot.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
You had me flummoxed with your positive post the other day. I can now rest easy again....

It wasn't meant to be a negative post - simply an expression of how I'd feel if such an awful transaction came off :)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Brighton and Hove Independent, Sussex Live etc are more interested in the revenue generated by page clicks than they are in quality of their articles.

They’ve managed cobble together a story based on the odds currently being offered on Sky Bet, they did the same about Potter being favourite for the Spurs job based on the odds being offered by Victor Chandler. Keep an eye out for their upcoming story about Ben White and PSG as it’s currently 3/1 on Sky Bet.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
£70 million is a decent price for a guy who has had one good season and a kid who has played a handful of games.
Remind me what our record sale is? That is huge money.
Can't see either wanting to go there though (even if Biss 'supports' them).

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm sure Biss will go for more than £40m. If Sheff Utd value Berge at £35m, you can probably envisage £45/50m for BIssouma - remember, we rejected £30m for an unproven Ben White last summer.

I can't see anyone buying Lamptey until he proves his fitness. The guy's 21 in a couple of months and has barely played half a season of games in total. He has potential for sure but if no club is going to risk going large on a sicknote. If he does a full season, I'm sure we'll be fighting off bids but not just yet

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
High probability Biss will be off, hope not and he can do better than Arsenal. Lamptey not so sure about given the games he missed and will need to reprove himself after injury

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

Doubt very much Arsenal have £70m plus wages to spare...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here