Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Joke du jour

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The pessimist sees a dark tunnel, the optimist sees the light at the end of the tunnel, the realist sees a train approaching, the train driver sees three idiots walking on the track

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I hope the train driver has time to stop the train before anything nasty happens. What the hell are they doing on the tracks? Idiots!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I've just checked the news and see no mention of this. When did it happen? ???

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
So realism, pessimism and optimism are in themselves foolish.

What sort of ism is best for avoiding oncoming trains in dark tunnels ?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
So realism, pessimism and optimism are in themselves foolish.

What sort of ism is best for avoiding oncoming trains in dark tunnels ?

Jism_%282003_movie_poster%29.jpg

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
For accuracy:

Despite the myth, carrots are rich in vitamin A, which is important for good vision, as it helps the eye to convert light into a signal that is sent to the brain, helping to make us see in the dark. If someone suffers from a vitamin A deficiency, this may cause night blindness.

However, eating carrots may not improve the eyes of an ordinary healthy person and only make a big difference for someone who suffers from a vitamin A deficiency. Usually, eye problems derive from diabetes or are age-related and cannot be cured by eating carrots. Aside from vitamin A, other nutrients like zinc, vitamin C and E, omega-3 fatty acids are essential for healthy eyes. We can say that the assumption that carrots can improve vision in the dark is half-myth and half-truth.

I would assume that the train driver would have regular health checks, which would include the eyesight.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I think I understand this one. The answer is the train driver is a realist. If they were a pessimist they would see a disastrous obstacle on the track, if they were an optimist they wouldn't bother looking down the track, so they must be a realist. Do I win a chocolate bar or anything?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here