Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] How did you get to the match last night?

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
My apologies if there is already a thread up and running concerning this.

I am interested in learning how people got to and from the Amex last night. I didn't attend the match as I was concerned about social distancing on public transport. Were there crowds on the train platforms at Brighton and Falmer , did Park 'n' ride operate, how did the buses and coaches cope with social distancing etc ?

Thanks for any information.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Got the train from Brighton. No queue on the way in, small queue on the way back but got on the second train that came in

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Couple of pints in The Open House, then the 6.14 from London Road. The train was only 4 carriages, so was quite packed, but it only takes 7 minutes...

Going home, a much longer and much less crowded train to Brighton. Home by 10.15.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Train from the east. Coming in even after Lewes there were plenty of seats available. On the way home I walked straight down to the platform after the game and got a Newhaven Harbour train and got off to change at Lewes. The windows were open on the train coming back which I would have described as pretty packed, though far from heaving. First time I've been on a train yesterday since Palace last year.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Via Lewes and train to Falmer (included in ticket as per normal) . Waited about 15 mins for train at 5.50pm. On way back waited about 10 mins - Got a seat.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Taxi. Unplanned but the extra pint in the pub made us miss the 23 bus :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Went to the game by bus. It was fine.

Got the train back. There was ZERO by way of social distancing, either on the platform or on the train. Not particularly helped by those SASTA c***s not running one single train in either direction within 15 minutes of the final whistle. The first train back into Brighton was 4 carriages long :rolleyes:

Despite having had both jabs, this was - by a country mile - the most closely packed environment I've found myself in in over a year. Felt a tad nervous. It made a complete mockery of all the precautions made within the confines of the ground perimeter. Frankly it would be safer if they just closed the station on match days. Let's just hope that masks offer some modicum of protection in such an environment, else it could spell REALLY bad news

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Got dropped off at the top of Ditchling Road. Walked the remainder, which was a lovely stroll through the woods and fields of Stanmer Park.
Got a bus back to Vogue Gyratory from there -- and that wasn't full, despite it departing c30 minutes after the final whistle -- and walked from there.

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
Seagull Travel, couldn’t face teatime travel on buses and train, despite using buses five mornings a week into Brighton.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Drove, picked up some friends in Southwick, parked in Car Park C.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here