Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] One more thing about last night,

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
2 of our 3 goals were scored by our centre backs, unusual in itself, in any game, but they both came from open play.
Against a team who have let in the least number of goals this season. And, our main goal scoring centre back was suspended.

Pretty impressive all round.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
The most impressive thing about that for me is that our centre backs were even in their penalty box during open play. I mean, wtf was Dan Burn doing up there!? :laugh: Most teams spend so much time in fear of City and defending them they wouldnt dare have their centre backs just wandering up the pitch and joining the attack to an extent they're on the end of a final ball. You might see Maguire etc pushing up the field and joining in the edge of area passing, but to get in the box as part of a passing move takes some balls. Could very easily have left us wide open defensively. Well done the team and coaches for being so brave.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
And one more thing - why did an albion player have to go and retrieve the ball for a city kick off from their penalty area after our first goal?

petulant knobs

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
One more thing, why do City fans think everything in football that goes against them is corrupt? Talk about irony, do they know who they are owned by?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
MOTD mentioned that we were playing one at the back as we pushed in the game. Very brave against City was the quote.

The second half average position stat showed Moder who was meant to be a wing back as the second most advanced player, almost playing as a striker. Great to see how attacking our play was, very bold against City and ultimately it paid off.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I was at the game, but I have just watched the full match replay, and I do believe it was the first game this season that no one on the commentary team mentioned Ben White was at Leeds last season.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
The second half average position stat showed Moder who was meant to be a wing back as the second most advanced player, almost playing as a striker. Great to see how attacking our play was, very bold against City and ultimately it paid off.

Completely closed the midfield up to stop them playing. Admittedly against 10 men.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
The most impressive thing about that for me is that our centre backs were even in their penalty box during open play. I mean, wtf was Dan Burn doing up there!? :laugh: Most teams spend so much time in fear of City and defending them they wouldnt dare have their centre backs just wandering up the pitch and joining the attack to an extent they're on the end of a final ball. You might see Maguire etc pushing up the field and joining in the edge of area passing, but to get in the box as part of a passing move takes some balls. Could very easily have left us wide open defensively. Well done the team and coaches for being so brave.

It’s actually amazing how often Burn gets into those positions. If he could consistently finish he’d easily get 5 goals a season.

He had a couple of good chances like last night at Anfield if I remember.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
One more, one more thing. Wasn't last night the 1st Premier League game we have come from behind to WIN?

Someone told me it’s the first time City have had a 2 goal lead and gone on to lose in the Premier League.

As the song says “Two nil and you ****ed it up”

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
One more thing, why do City fans think everything in football that goes against them is corrupt? Talk about irony, do they know who they are owned by?

Just read the Daily Mail comments about the match report.....its quite laughable.....corrupt refs, corrupt VAR.....worst ever ref and we were out to deliberatly injure them before the play in the CL..

personally after last nights show of petulance I hope Chelski stuff them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Someone told me it’s the first time City have had a 2 goal lead and gone on to lose in the Premier League.

Now that is one seriously impressive stat....especially when you consider who they were playing!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Sadly untrue. From the BBC match report:

Manchester City have lost six Premier League games having led by two or more goals - only Tottenham (with eight) have suffered more such defeats in the competition's history.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
One more, one more thing. Wasn't last night the 1st Premier League game we have come from behind to WIN?

We came from behind to beat Arsenal at the Amex last season (1st game of the restart) I'm struggling to think of any others though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here