Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Last night's BT Sport co-commentator - Lucy Ward

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
For those of us not lucky enough to be at the game, one other good thing from last night was Lucy on the co-commentary.

We've spent a lot of the season moaning about the commentators and co-commentators on our games so I think it's only right to highlight the good ones. I thought she was excellent. Knowledgeable, had clearly done her research, didn't patronise us once and also seemed like a real fan of football who was delighted to be there last night rather than just treating it as a day job.

A total welcome break from the likes of Alan Smith, Steve McManaman and Jamie Carragher. Hope we get her again.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Interestingly, my mum referred to her as "an annoying bint". Didn't see so can't comment.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
She was nothing special but ok I guess, better than the divvy sat next to her.

Great to have a crowd back.....8k in here tonight......sounds more like 30k

Dan Burn.....he's tall

Repeat for 90 minutes.

But they are all shit, switched over to watch the end of the Chelsea game and from 80 minutes they were creaming themselves over Leicester getting a corner because Schmeichel might go up for it.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
For those of us not lucky enough to be at the game, one other good thing from last night was Lucy on the co-commentary.

We've spent a lot of the season moaning about the commentators and co-commentators on our games so I think it's only right to highlight the good ones. I thought she was excellent. Knowledgeable, had clearly done her research, didn't patronise us once and also seemed like a real fan of football who was delighted to be there last night rather than just treating it as a day job.

A total welcome break from the likes of Alan Smith, Steve McManaman and Jamie Carragher. Hope we get her again.

Entirely agree :thumbsup:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Apropos to BT Sport I could see from where I sit in the West Upper Steve Sidwell, Joleon Lescott and Lynsey Hipgrave all chuckling together as the Sidwell song got song at him. :lolol:

I also walked past Jules Breach on the way to the station after the game as she was about to go on camera outside of the ground - hot damn. :drool:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset

I didn't notice her, and that's a great compliment.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think something that folk might be happy to hear about Lucy Ward is that she took the Champions of the World to the cleaners in an unfair dismissal and sex discrimination case.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I actually think most of the "new" breed of co-commentator are pretty good, the old guard are far too guilty of phoning it in with a load of bland platitudes or stating the obvious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here