Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bob's Booking

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
So Ederson wastes time throughout the game (until City start losing)

Doesn't get booked.

Sanchez does it once and gets booked.

And City benefit from Ederson's time wasting - as the 5 minutes added time (added because of HIS timewasting) gives them the opportunity to equalise.....

The sooner we have a clock which stops when the ball goes dead the better.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
He (And me) was annoyed at the Lino kicking the ball to their player. Definitely not on.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Bob's booking was deplorable.

He didn't even delay for as long as Ederson did.
The ref also seemed to give Ederson a warning on one occasion.
Did the ref do that to Bob and he continued to delay? I thought that was the normal protocol. No?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The sooner we have a clock which stops when the ball goes dead the better.

Were you aware that if they implemented this, we’d be in the ground for about an extra 25-30 minutes?

Apparently the average amount of time the ball is actually in play in a game is something like 62 minutes. Not complaining, just think it’s mad.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
That was utterly laughable. Ederson was time-wasting in the first half. I actually thought the ref was alright tonight, he did get the two big decisions right and tried to let the game flow with both sides allowed to tackle robustly and win the ball. The yellow card for Bob the only sour note.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Were you aware that if they implemented this, we’d be in the ground for about an extra 25-30 minutes?

Apparently the average amount of time the ball is actually in play in a game is something like 62 minutes. Not complaining, just think it’s mad.

Yep, fully aware.

I've said for years, 40 minutes each half.

Clock stops every time ball goes dead.

Independent time keeper - as per Basketball / NFL.

Stops time wasting / feigning injury at a stroke

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
He (And me) was annoyed at the Lino kicking the ball to their player. Definitely not on.

I thought that was really wrong too. The assistant referees must be under instruction not to pass the ball back to players, as we’ve all seen it many times when the ball is right by their feet, no one else nearby and they ignore that the ball is even there. Yet yesterday, in the dying embers of the game, when we were clinging on to the narrowest of leads, the lino reacted like a cat and pinged the ball back to the Man City player in the blink of an eye. Luckily nothing came of it, but if it had, I’m sure this would be being discussed much more.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
You can't stop the clock every time the ball goes out of play, but you could have a timer on goal kicks, free kicks etc, to stop time wasting. Say a 100 seconds countdown.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The game would go on for another 30 minutes.

Make it 35 or 30 mins each half to adjust. Aren't most games about 60-65 minutes of actual playing time these days anyway?

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Yep, fully aware.

I've said for years, 40 minutes each half.

Clock stops every time ball goes dead.

Independent time keeper - as per Basketball / NFL.

Stops time wasting / feigning injury at a stroke

Before we know it, they'll introduce time outs when the clock stops, and accompanying music - no thanks!

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I commented during the game to my friend how City must be scared of us if they are time wasting this much!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

In rugby union the ball is in play for only about 40% of the actual game (in footie it's about 65%, I think). In rugby they obviously don't stop the clock every time the ball goes dead, but when they DO it's quite effective. However, I'd much prefer that refs simply get wise to time-wasting tactics and bl00dy do something. There are so many things that refs/the authorities could do to improve the game. If they had ever been players or fans they might have some clue what to do. I think Attwell is an OK ref, but he was taken for a ride by Ederson.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I wish the following would be immediate yellow cards;

Kicking the ball away
Standing in front of the ball as the opposition player tries to kick it.
Keeper holding the ball longer than 10 seconds - if has already been warned once by the ref about it.

There’s no plausible excuse for any of them. The players know exactly what they’re doing, and a couple of early yellows would stop them doing it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here