Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] And to think..........

Not so many weeks ago some albeit only a few on here were saying that they don't mind if we went back to the championship!! Last night was all about why we are in the premier league. Fantastic result against the best in the arguably Europe. Yes, against 10 which helped but nights like last night are special. A season where we have beaten liverpool at Anfield and matched most on our day then to come back from 2 down against the champions is as good as it gets. The premier league is simply the best and long may we be part of it.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Not so many weeks ago some albeit only a few on here were saying that they don't mind if we went back to the championship!! Last night was all about why we are in the premier league. Fantastic result against the best in the arguably Europe. Yes, against 10 which helped but nights like last night are special. A season where we have beaten liverpool at Anfield and matched most on our day then to come back from 2 down against the champions is as good as it gets. The premier league is simply the best and long may we be part of it.

......... and we are contributing Bigly to its quality.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was one of them! Yes I would have taken going back to the Championship as long as we kept GP because I love the way we play. I strongly disagreed with those who wanted us to adapt a more pragmatic defensive approach and probably have to change manager if we wanted to stay up. I have never thought we’d go down though.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
A win by one goal against a 10 man team with nothing to play for. Never seen so much over hype as what there is on here at the moment.

Jesus, lighten up you boring sod.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
A win by one goal against a 10 man team with nothing to play for. Never seen so much over hype as what there is on here at the moment.

Coming back from 2-0 down against the champions - arguably the best club side in the world - who were going for their 14th straight away win.
OK, so they were down to 10 for most of the game, but that guarantees nothing (as we know to our cost). We did it with style too - incisive, neat football and completely deserved to win.

Add in the euphoria of having fans back and it’s no surprise everyone’s a bit giddy.

I say everyone, but there are always a few curmudgeons.

If you can’t be positive about last night (and let people have their moment without trying to bring them down), then you seriously need to consider a new pastime.

What would make you happy Junior?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Coming back from 2-0 down against the champions - arguably the best club side in the world - who were going for their 14th straight away win.
OK, so they were down to 10 for most of the game, but that guarantees nothing (as we know to our cost). We did it with style too - incisive, neat football and completely deserved to win.

Add in the euphoria of having fans back and it’s no surprise everyone’s a bit giddy.

I say everyone, but there are always a few curmudgeons.

If you can’t be positive about last night (and let people have their moment without trying to bring them down), then you seriously need to consider a new pastime.

What would make you happy Junior?

Losing. Wouldnt make him happy, but satisfied - some people think that the justification of moaning is the best part of football.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Hope you don't work for the samaritans or southern rail would have cancel every train when you start your shift

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I was one of them! Yes I would have taken going back to the Championship as long as we kept GP because I love the way we play. I strongly disagreed with those who wanted us to adapt a more pragmatic defensive approach and probably have to change manager if we wanted to stay up. I have never thought we’d go down though.

All of this.

Last night was a testament to Potter's coaching.
For two years he has been saying "We will learn from this and improve"
He's been frequently derided for this.

The "pissing about at the back" was superb last night.
White, Gross,Bissouma, Webster.Sanchez, so confident in each other's ability to play out of the press.
You don't get to be that good without trying to do it against the best.

Potter has encouraged the players to play without fear.
It is working.
Our fans who wanted more pragmatism for fear of losing our Premier League status, should take note.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All of this.

Last night was a testament to Potter's coaching.
For two years he has been saying "We will learn from this and improve"
He's been frequently derided for this.

The "pissing about at the back" was superb last night.
White, Gross,Bissouma, Webster.Sanchez, so confident in each other's ability to play out of the press.
You don't get to be that good without trying to do it against the best.

Potter has encouraged the players to play without fear.
It is working.
Our fans who wanted more pragmatism for fear of losing our Premier League status, should take note.

You don’t get to go where TB and most fans want us to be. Top 10 seldom comes by playing with fear. I am somewhat gobsmacked by just how good we look knocking the ball around. I never thought I’d ever see a Brighton team playing this way EVERY game. We are potentially on our way to football heaven :shrug:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

You know what, if it had been a City second-team then there would be a sprinkling of merit in this viewpoint - but apart from KDB this was Pep warming up for the CL against good-footballing Brighton. With 10 that City team beats most of the PL. But we passed the legs out of them from 2-down. It was a marvellous performance and there is no hyperbole in that viewpoint.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
we've lost to WBA and Shef Utd and beaten Man City & Liverpool this season, cruelly and possibly illegally lost after outplaying Manure, and batterred teams for a point its been a wobbly wheeled roller coaster of a season for many numbers of reasons.

TBH I'd rather be consistently entertained in the Championship than continually get battered in the PL but neither seems to be an option.

Still a work in progress and still sailing close to the wind. but what a ride it is.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Last night and today is all about people quite rightly buzzing over the return of fans to the Amex after a rotten year for everyone, and the team giving aforesaid fans a game to remember. Where's the harm in some folk getting a little carried away?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Are you still in denial?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here