Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What tonight really meant.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Amongst my friends it’s often said football gets in the way of a good day out. Which sadly watching Brighton away in the prem often leads to a defeat. However today reminded me of what football is all about. Seeing mates, having a good time and In general forgetting about normal life.

During lockdown friends have lost family members and we haven’t been together to properly talk about things and catch up. Today we all took the afternoon off, caught up and completely forgot about life and the struggles that we have all gone through over the last 18 months and enjoyed ourselves. Laughs smiles and an all round good pisstaking session. For once the football went our way. But never forget how much football brings us all together and what it really means for so many.

Bring on the summer and next season and let’s hope we can all celebrate together next season. Footballs ****ing special and I feel sorry for those ******** who just don’t get it.

For all those who have struggled and been alone the last 18 months. Life’s returning and footballs going to be a big part of it. Hold on in there next seasons going to be one hell of a ride.

Graham potters blue and white army!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Spot on. The last year and more has been full of doom and gloom and fear over the effects of Covid both medically and economically.

We NEED football and other sports and entertainment to counter balance life's hardships and make it pleasurable and to get enjoyment out of life.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Amongst my friends it’s often said football gets in the way of a good day out. Which sadly watching Brighton away in the prem often leads to a defeat. However today reminded me of what football is all about. Seeing mates, having a good time and In general forgetting about normal life.

During lockdown friends have lost family members and we haven’t been together to properly talk about things and catch up. Today we all took the afternoon off, caught up and completely forgot about life and the struggles that we have all gone through over the last 18 months and enjoyed ourselves. Laughs smiles and an all round good pisstaking session. For once the football went our way. But never forget how much football brings us all together and what it really means for so many.

Bring on the summer and next season and let’s hope we can all celebrate together next season. Footballs ****ing special and I feel sorry for those ******** who just don’t get it.

For all those who have struggled and been alone the last 18 months. Life’s returning and footballs going to be a big part of it. Hold on in there next seasons going to be one hell of a ride.

My missus and youngest son went last night - both came back absolutely buzzing, had lost their voices, & were so glad to be back down at the Amex. I picked them up from the Falmer Farm Shop, and at the final whistle the crowd sounded like a sell out capacity...and it gave me goose bumps.

I will be the first to admit I have fallen out of love for football in recent years (I do still follow the Albions results), but - hearing the crowd, listening to Jonny & Warren on the radio for those last few minutes, & seeing the smiles on everyone's faces as they walked back to their cars, did kinda make me wish I had been there again last night. Really happy for every single football fan that went last night - we have a pretty special football club :amex:

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Absolutely true. I see relatives struggling with health and personal problems, bound up in themselves because they have no outside interests, unable to do the active things they used to do.
Football is a wonderful escape. It takes you out of yourself , gives you hope , joy, disappointment sometimes but at least that is shared .
Some people just don't get it , that is their loss.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

Spot on! Really uplifting evening on many levels :)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
My mate told me to have a look at Blue moon forum, Christ almighty the census was how anyone dare to beat their precious billion pound team ten days before a champions league final and have the audacity to tackle one of their players well that just wasn’t on...twats how they forget before the oil money arrived.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
My mate told me to have a look at Blue moon forum, Christ almighty the census was how anyone dare to beat their precious billion pound team ten days before a champions league final and have the audacity to tackle one of their players well that just wasn’t on...twats how they forget before the oil money arrived.

Just had a look too. Over 100 pages in one thread of:

Corrupt refereeing.
Potter sending out a team to injure their primadonnas.
Hope we get relegated back to "where we belong".

I daresay we've not made any friends in Manchester. At least not the blue side of it.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Just had a look too. Over 100 pages in one thread of:

Corrupt refereeing.
Potter sending out a team to injure their primadonnas.
Hope we get relegated back to "where we belong".

I daresay we've not made any friends in Manchester. At least not the blue side of it.
The majority must be plastics as a few old heads are saying they deserved the loss and hope all those moaning fxxk off your all an embarrassment to the club.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The majority must be plastics as a few old heads are saying they deserved the loss and hope all those moaning fxxk off your all an embarrassment to the club.

This. All the old head Man City fans I ever knew or met were always decent sorts who had no illusions. In fact their favourite saying was 'Same Old City' complete with a :rolleyes: like they always half-expected it to all up-furk. Not that much different from us really :shrug:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
That Blue Moon thread is awful. They’ve literally forgotten that it’s a sport, two teams competing.

I feel a bit sorry for them.

el punal

Blimey Munkfish, that’s positively poetic coming from you! Lovely sentiments though which I totally agree with, even if you have been on the sauce. Look forward to seeing you in August (fingers crossed) and all the rest of the hombres in the West Upper. :drink:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here