Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Big Dan Burn.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Made up for him. Best team celebration since ring a ring a roses. Thought there was a fight going on.

What a Dan Burn goal to score. Playing as a centre forward scraped it in. Looked offside.

BUNDLESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He's in the history books now - much deserved. Some people, including me, will never forget him elking around in a Brighton shirt.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Thought he was a mile offside.
Didn't celebrate, just waited for the inevitable VAR review, which never came.

**** VAR

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thought he was a mile offside.
Didn't celebrate, just waited for the inevitable VAR review, which never came.

**** VAR

I thought the same. Refused to celebrate, and even spoiled it for those around me “calm down. He’s miles off”

Perversely though - there’s perhaps a chance the lino might have flagged it, without the VAR safety net?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I thought the same. Refused to celebrate, and even spoiled it for those around me “calm down. He’s miles off”

Perversely though - there’s perhaps a chance the lino might have flagged it, without the VAR safety net?

yeah good point.

In all seriousness I don't want to get rid of VAR, for precisely the reason you state.
Absolutely massive chance that the Lino would bottle it without VAR.
Big six bias is an absolute fact (Bobby Sanchez yellow card anyone? ??? )

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
A professional athlete wearing fruit of the loom boxer shorts as well. What a hero

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
My favourite player.
Totally under rated because he often looks like a giraffe on ice, but extremely skilful and a brilliant crosser of the ball.
And always give 100%.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
yeah good point.

In all seriousness I don't want to get rid of VAR, for precisely the reason you state.
That yellow was disgusting but who cares Attwell has a history with us and was of no surprise really.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
yeah good point.

Don't agree.

Well, ok I do, he may well have done.

But if he gets that sort of call wrong hew shouldn't be officiating at the top level. If you're in line it's pretty clear.

It's not a reason to keep the abomination of VAR.

The fact that I and others didn't celebrate one of the best moments at the Amex and was unaware of the outcome until they started playing again is a way bigger loss to the game than a few marginal calls being made wrong.

Football is about those sort of glorious moments we saw last night.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just rewatching at work.

Loving BDB throwing his arms out after the second scuff into the pitch then net!

Classic.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Exactly. When people whine about VAR, they often forget the COUNTLESS times we used to put up with this shit. It used to happen ALL the time.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Hang on. Your not suggesting using technology to reduce the risk of wrong decisions in critical moments might be a good thing, are you?

There were a few around me who were quite happy with the way the game was going but, once VAR went to check something that might go against our favour, started singing **** VAR. Pathetic.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Like everyone else, I'm really really pleased for him.

He has such a tremendous work ethic, always puts an incredible shift in and so often plays with a smile on his face.

I find it particularly amusing that after the numerous "he's got good feet for a big man" cliches, he scored the all-important goal when he was actually slightly clumsy with the ball, although it was a great effort to get the first shot away as he did.

Love that guy.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
The moment Burn scored I thought he might be offside but watching the replay he was clearly onside ( just )

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Hang on. Your not suggesting using technology to reduce the risk of wrong decisions in critical moments might be a good thing, are you?

There were a few around me who were quite happy with the way the game was going but, once VAR went to check something that might go against our favour, started singing **** VAR. Pathetic.

VAR is now just the proxy for the way the ref was treated in the pre-VAR days. When he gives your side something it's "great ref, brilliant decision". Five minutes later when they give something against you it's "You don't know what you're doing!".

Personally I think the only real problem with VAR is how long it takes. Should be a rule that if it takes more than 30 seconds it's not obvious so move on. That's probably about the length of time we've seen for (e.g.) a goal ruled out by a late flag in non-VAR games.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don't agree.

Well, ok I do, he may well have done.

But if he gets that sort of call wrong hew shouldn't be officiating at the top level. If you're in line it's pretty clear.

It's not a reason to keep the abomination of VAR.

The fact that I and others didn't celebrate one of the best moments at the Amex and was unaware of the outcome until they started playing again is a way bigger loss to the game than a few marginal calls being made wrong.

Football is about those sort of glorious moments we saw last night.

Ha ha! One of the funniest posts I have read for ages. You'd rather have the BDB goal wrongly chalked off immediately (thus quashing your celebrations) than suffer the indignity of waiting for the VAR decision? Jesus!

Drink driving laws, breathylisers, speed limits save lives, discuss:

"Don't agree.

Well OK they may do.

But if you can't handle a drink and drive a car you shouldn't be on the road. Providing driving conditions are not inclement it's pretty clear.

It's not a reason to keep the abomination of (etc etc)

Driving is about the sort of glorious moments you get when flooring it on an open road after a few shandies"

:facepalm:

Last edited:

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
This is my own work but surely the De Bruyne impersonator is playing everyone on side?:

tempsnip.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here