Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kjell Scherpen - Albion in talks with Ajax Goalkeeper (Signed 16/07/2021)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If this is happening it would appear to be the end of the road for Walton with us

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
If this is happening it would appear to be the end of the road for Walton with us

A few weeks ago it was said we aren’t renewing Waltons contract, now it’s been reported we’ve taken the years option amid interest from other clubs. Looks like we are trying to sell him on in the summer and get a bit of a fee for him.

If we sign this other fella it looks like he’ll be the eventual Sanchez replacement when the big clubs come calling in a couple of seasons. Exactly what Dan Ashworth was saying about making sure we are ready with lines of succession when players move on.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It is all but 100% confirmed that Walton is off. Coventry want him, maybe Luton - there will be a few options.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
A few weeks ago it was said we aren’t renewing Waltons contract, now it’s been reported we’ve taken the years option amid interest from other clubs. Looks like we are trying to sell him on in the summer and get a bit of a fee for him.

If we sign this other fella it looks like he’ll be the eventual Sanchez replacement when the big clubs come calling in a couple of seasons. Exactly what Dan Ashworth was saying about making sure we are ready with lines of succession when players move on.

Absolutely no doubt that if Sanchez continues his form through next season then in the 2022/23 transfer windows the bigger clubs will take interest. So best to have long term replacements lined up. Steele isnt that, and it feels like the club have decided that neither is Walton.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Absolutely no doubt that if Sanchez continues his form through next season then in the 2022/23 transfer windows the bigger clubs will take interest. So best to have long term replacements lined up. Steele isnt that, and it feels like the club have decided that neither is Walton.

Wonder where this will put Rushworth and McGill in the pecking order? Both are probably ready for a good loan somewhere, but will Scherpen jump the queue? -he's a year older than Rushworth, and only a few weeks older than McGill.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Didn't think Big Bob had a great game last night. Looked nervous. Wonder if he's fully fit? Two keepers on the bench.

Hmmm. Not much he could have done about the two goals and there was the usual Keystone Kops defending moment at 3-2 but I wouldn't blame him for that.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Hmmm. Not much he could have done about the two goals and there was the usual Keystone Kops defending moment at 3-2 but I wouldn't blame him for that.

He came to collect a cross/corner and went over their player and dropped the ball. Thought he was lucky to get a foul for that. He also saved their tame free kick and spilled the ball briefly. I think he did this a couple of times. Not as neat as he often is - nothing terrible, just seems a bit off his best. Then again, he's always an exciting watch!!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
He came to collect a cross/corner and went over their player and dropped the ball. Thought he was lucky to get a foul for that. He also saved their tame free kick and spilled the ball briefly. I think he did this a couple of times. Not as neat as he often is - nothing terrible, just seems a bit off his best. Then again, he's always an exciting watch!!

I'm with you here. He looked nervous on occasions and spilled the ball 4 times all of which you'd expect a premier league keeper to hold on to. Thankfully none of them cost us. Other games we wouldn't be so lucky.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
He was probably nervous as wasn't this the first time he has played in front of us? If so then it's understandable. I'm sure next season he will be much better.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Has gone to Zwolle on loan for next season so not coming.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here