Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What did we do differently tonight?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
For those who were there or for those who watched on TV (sadly, I was unable to do either) - what did we do differently tonight that resulted in scoring THREE goals and overcoming a 2 goal deficit vs the PL Champions?

Yes, I appreciate that we were playing against 10 men, but then we did vs. Sheffield United and still huffed and puffed to a miserable 1-1 draw (although we did, predictably, blow some guilt-edged chances to win that one).

I imgaine the 8,000+ in the stadium more than played their part :bowdown: but did we play noticeably differently to create and convert our chances?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Let 8,000 fans in. That made a huge difference. Should let fans in more IMHO.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shoot the ball in between the goal sticks.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
When down to 10 City still pressed us high and left gaps behind, which we fully exploited. Biss was immense all night in getting a foot in and winning numerous turnovers. Trossard kept picking it up in little pockets of space hurting them, Moder kept getting in behind, and we FINALLY made good on some of those Xg's.

Thats all.

I'd actually say losing Welbeck might have been a blessing in disguise, because Tross was ridiculous.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We didn’t play the Mr Nice Guy role and actually went for it 2nd half. Still looked a little bit shaky at 3-2, we need to be more confident in seeing games out but a phenomenal turnaround and performance.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We outworked them and the crowd kept the energy up. We played without fear, without being mesmerised by “names”.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
FFS :lolol:

I might as well bin this thread

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here