Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Like Cricket? Which county do you support?

Which County?

• Essex

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Durham

• Notts

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Worcs

• Warwickshire

• Derbyshire

• Gloucester

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Somerset

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Hants

• Surrey

• Middx

• Leicestershire

• Yorks

• Lancs

• Northamtonshire

• Glamorgam

• Sussex

Votes: 135 88.8%
  • Kent

• Other

• Total voters

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
There seems to be a bit of an assumption on this board that you would naturally follow Sussex as a Brighton fan. It's not true for me, I support Somerset, I didn't like Cricket until later in life and after I had left Brighton, it just seemed right to support my new adopted home. So I'm just wondering how unusual that is.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Sussex and Gwent when my son plays for them (proud dad).

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Sussex born and bred - support Sussex CCC

I lived in Taunton for 9 years and would quite often go to the county ground, naturally supported Somerset, except when Sussex were in town. Had some right cider sessions with the yokels at those games.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Surrey born and first lived in Hampshire. But Sussex is my team. I tried to take an interest in Surrey too but that just isn't happening.

I was an out of county member at Middlesex for a while. It was really cheap and I enjoyed the visits to Lords in the summer. Never supported them though. Just went along.

Cricket isn't what it was though, not with all the kiss me quick stuff that takes priority now.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
There seems to be a bit of an assumption on this board that you would naturally follow Sussex as a Brighton fan. It's not true for me, I support Somerset, I didn't like Cricket until later in life and after I had left Brighton, it just seemed right to support my new adopted home. So I'm just wondering how unusual that is.

Sussex IS my adopted home, so I follow (support is a bit strong) them.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Sussex, but I no longer follow them like I did back in the day with the likes of Ted Dexter, Jim Parks, Ken Suttle, Les Lenham , Alan Oakman, Ian Thomson , John Snow, Nawab of Pataudi et al.
Not forgetting the Buss brothers and Don Bates.

Last edited:

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Born and grew up in Sussex, so that's who I support. I'd put the 2006 C&G final up there as the best sporting occasion I've actually attended.

For family reasons (nothing exciting) I also follow how Durham are doing and like to see them do well.

Most of the cricket I actually attend nowadays is at Trent Bridge, as I'm equidistant between Leeds and Nottingham, but Notts do a reasonable out-of-county membership rate that means I only have to attend a few days a season to make it worthwhile.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Sussex born and bred - support Sussex CCC

I lived in Taunton for 9 years and would quite often go to the county ground, naturally supported Somerset, except when Sussex were in town. Had some right cider sessions with the yokels at those games.

My dad was from Bath and went to Taunton Grammar school on a scholarship. Was a Somerset member for years even though he lived in Brighton.
Sussex first Somerset second.

Bath Rugby my team in premiership.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Sussex, but I no longer follow them like I did back in the day with the likes of Ted Dexter, Jim Parks, Ken Suttle, Les Lenham , Alan Oakman, Ian Thomson , John Snow, Nawab of Pataudi et al.
Not forgetting the Buss brothers and Don Bates.

I well remember seeing that side give the Windies a going over. My grandad used to hire the cushions out “6 penny worth of comfort” and his mates on the gate used to let me in for free. Happy days.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm way more tolerant of football fans who support clubs which aren't local than I am of people who support a county cricket side which isn't the one they live in or were bought up in.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My dad was from Bath and went to Taunton Grammar school on a scholarship. Was a Somerset member for years even though he lived in Brighton.
Sussex first Somerset second.

Bath Rugby my team in premiership.

Rugby was a sport I changed teams in. Started off supporting Bath as I know the place well but switched to Quins as they are my nearest team. I had a season ticket at The Stoop for a while.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Sussex Panthers/Chipmunks/Badgers/Frisian cows or Sharks😀

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here