Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Ashworth - The Coaches Voice

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Interesting points around setting targets for academy players making it to the first team in terms of minutes on the pitch and buying where we see value in the longer term. Also focusing on skills of defenders in possession. Reflects a wording that DA and Potter seem to repeat that it is not necessarily 'the right way but what we focus on'. Eg what we concentrate on to give ourselves an advantage.....our DNA. ( or identity)

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
It is impossible to read this passage

It’s part of my job to ensure that our first-team squad does not have too many senior players. If it’s too heavy in that sense, then it’s a fault of mine – and I will have to work with Graham to open up some gaps.

We need Graham to be bold with giving young players a chance to thrive, and space and time to survive, and we are very fortunate he does that.

and not be absolutely clear why Chris Hughton was jettisoned in favour of Graham Potter.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
This (at the end of the article) might also be of interest to some:-

Join us at the next Coaches’ Voice webinar with Brighton head coach Graham Potter, live at 2pm on Friday May 21. For more details and to register to view for free, click here.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here