Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bad Omens - BHAFC Vs MCFC

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
"Bad omens are omnipresent for Albion in this fixture, having lost all seven Premier League meetings against the Citizens by an aggregate score of 21-2. In the reverse fixture, though, Albion limited Pep Guardiola’s side to just one goal. Of the 22 Premier League games Manchester City have played this calendar year, they have netted two or more goals in 16 fixtures."

There's some more positive observations in the preview, I promise! Tonight is going to be a tough one no doubt - but who are you backing to crop up as a surprise hero?

My money is on a certain Aaron Connolly...

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2147121/albion-analytics-preview-manchester-city

Last edited:

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
For me the only omen is that they are the best team on the planet.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we lose this one, I’ll be Potter out.

Still preferable to the alternative:-

- The Albion win.
- [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] :bounce:'s his infuriating 'catching them' thread.
- palace win out.
- Bentacky scoring 5 goals in the process.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
If we lose this one, I’ll be Potter out.

Need 2 polls:
1. Potter in / out (no fence)
2. 3 points lost (or 1/3 points gained).

Won't belive we've played a game of football without those 2 polls on here

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
In our favour - they may be resting players ahead of the CL final.

However the 11 that start will all be looking to prove that they should be in the starting 11 for the CL final.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think Omens is the wrong word. It implies the goal difference they have over us is down to luck.

I remember the game against them at home towards the end of last season.

At times in the second half, our players looked dizzy. They looked bewildered at the speed of passing that was going around them.

The performance at the Etihad was a huge improvement on that. The gap was closed. City were deserved winners, but for the first time, we weren't properly spanked. A good measure of progress will be another competitive performance. I've every confidence we'll give City a good game. Probably they will win, but as has been said, they're the best team in the world. No shame in that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here