Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Hodgson going.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The irony is that the only time we HAVE finished above you in recent times, you STILL got the better of us.

I just hope you get relegated, but you never do so it's pretty pointless really. I'm happy enough with the consolation prize - finishing about 3 places behind you but with a far better set up behind the scenes, all the while watching Portsmouth continue to slum it in league one. That part never gets boring. :clap2:

Bit pro scum. In last 10 seasons we’ve been in same div 6 times and twice finished above them. Only once has a team done the glorious double - us in the prem. pretty even, and as you say we are far more set up for the future than them!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Palace have had Pardew, Allardyce, Pulis, Warnock and Hodgson. They only need Mark Hughes and they complete the set of merry-go-round managers

You missed out Holloway who is retro but belongs in that list. Hughton was the closest we've had to one of those managers, but he's a far more likeable bloke that practically all of them.

Palace still need to collect Bruce and arguably Moyes as well at some point.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Strange them lot aren't even keeping him in some advisory capacity.

For me is he 2nd only to Moyes for manager of the year having well and truly polished a turd.

Let's hope this is the final hurrah of the Croydon lot before their long-awaited demise - although like every horror villain, they keep coming back to life when you least expect it.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Is there a way of bookmarking a post on here or was that figure of speech?

Not sure if you are genuinely asking but yes it is possible to bookmark a particular post. Your post is 35 in the thread. Click the #35 in top right corner of your post and it makes you browser go to the URL for your post. Once you've clicked it and page has loaded you just add the URL as bookmark in your browser like usual.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
You missed out Holloway who is retro but belongs in that list. Hughton was the closest we've had to one of those managers, but he's a far more likeable bloke that practically all of them.

We ticked off Bruce in 2001.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Bruce managed Palace in 2001. He left after 3 months to go back to Birmingham, so Palace took out an injunction against him.

Roy Hodgson is like the Prince Philip of football - seems to have been around for ever, big hit with the ladies in the Sixties.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Strange them lot aren't even keeping him in some advisory capacity.

For me is he 2nd only to Moyes for manager of the year having well and truly polished a turd.

Let's hope this is the final hurrah of the Croydon lot before their long-awaited demise - although like every horror villain, they keep coming back to life when you least expect it.

I think its 100% his decision to go.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

That was under the previous club though wasn’t it? Or the one before the 2003 one I guess? Probably the original Crystal Palace FC tbf. Although no doubt paid for with non existent money that just got wiped off to 1p in the £ :lol: :ffsparr:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

A better appointment(for us ) than even Frank DeBoer.

I don't think I've ever laughed as much as when he left you after 3 months to go to Birmingham City. And then you got an injunction to stop him working.Weren't you too of Div One at the time?

Tyreman123

Jun 27, 2013
Always sort of liked Roy !...But looking forward to having a Palace manager again that i can totally dislike !

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
How will the media and fans refer to your club now?

Will it be:

a) Frank Lampard’s Crystal Palace
b) Frank Lampard’s Palace
c) Frank Lampard’s Boys
or
d) Frank’s Team

I’m going for d.

Could I have frankball?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Palace have a large number of players that will be out of contract this summer. Players like Patrick Van Aaholt, Sakho, McCarthy, , Townsend, Cahill can walk away for nothing. PAV is already reported as doing that. On the one hand this can open up potential for decent new players coming in ( they are lucky that it's a buyers market at present), but on the other it takes time for new players to bed in especially with a new manager. Will be interesting to see how it goes. Frank Lampard is bookies favourite to take the job. I'd hate it to be Dyche, but I can't see him taking the role with the uncertainty around the playing staff.
On top of that I can see no reports of anyone even mildly interested in Zaha and so the transfer kitty for incoming players is likely to be on the limited side.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Well done good old boy Roy, looking forward to the crumbling of the team to match the stadium!!!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Top bloke , he's already forgotten what most managers are just learning , can't see him staying out of the game for too long though and he's guaranteed some cushy work with SKY hopefully in place of that screeching twit Carragher .

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
Could I have frankball?

All Frank will have to do is tweak your well organized defensive style ,which for some reason has let in 62 goals while Albion have let in 42 at the mo .Although not sure what Man City will be ,but its strange stat when your fans complain about the style.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here