Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester City *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

Albion v Man City

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Tuesday 18th May 2021
Kick-off: 19:00 BST
Referee: Stuart Attwell
Assistants: Constantine Hatzidakis, Nick Hopton
Fourth Official: Graham Scott
VAR: Jonathan Moss
Additional VAR: Timothy Wood

TEAM NEWS

Brighton head coach Graham Potter is still without the suspended Lewis Dunk and Neal Maupay.

Tariq Lamptey, Solly March, and Joel Veltman remain on the sidelines because of injuries.

Manchester City midfielder Kevin De Bruyne faces a fitness test on the muscle issue that has ruled him out of their past two matches.

Manager Pep Guardiola has confirmed Ederson will be back in goal for City's remaining fixtures.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton have lost all seven of their Premier League meetings with Manchester City by an aggregate score of 21-2. The Seagulls have led for a total of just 83 seconds across those games.
    [*=left]Manchester City's most recent league defeat against Brighton was in April 1989 in the second tier, while their last top-flight loss against the Seagulls came in October 1981.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton have dropped 25 points from winning positions in the Premier League this season, more than any other side.
    [*=left]Their only victory in their final home league game in the past six seasons came against Manchester United in 2017-18.
    [*=left]Since beating Crystal Palace in December 2018, the Seagulls have taken just two points from 27 in Premier League games on a Tuesday and have failed to score in each of the last four.
    [*=left]They have taken only one point out of a possible 21 in their Premier League fixtures this season against teams currently in the top four of the table (a 0-0 draw against Chelsea on 20 April).
Man City

• [*=left]Manchester City's 12 successive away league victories and 23-match unbeaten run away from home in all competitions are both records by a team in England's top four divisions.
    [*=left]The 12 away league wins they have achieved since 19 December is more than any other Premier League side has managed away from home all season.
    [*=left]Since losing against Chelsea in June 2020, Manchester City have taken 37 points from 39 available in midweek Premier League games.
    [*=left]They haven't lost their final away league game of the season since they were beaten by Tottenham at White Hart Lane in 2008-09 (W9, D2).

Graham Potter's Manchester City Press Conference

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
A historic occasion tonight. The return of a limited number of fans is something we have wanted for a long time. I believe that occasion will be more important than the game. To those who are going , I salute and say ,well done..... It is a pity that it is City though, of all the fixtures this is the one that I must expect to lose. Our dismal record against them in recent years speaks for itself.

Perhaps though they will be feeling “demob happy” or maybe hung over after too much celebrating their league victory?
You just never know.....

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Good to see things getting back to normal.

Unfortunately I think you matchgoers will have to keep waiting for that win.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I see Moss has got the arm chair refs job tonight, wonder if he’ll be able to keep up with play.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Let’s see what Pep has to say about GP when we hand City their arses tonight :lolol:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
These are a good team. Were loose.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Is there a lap of honour post match? PB hasn't said anything about 'stay off the pitch' and in the 101 things we must do tonight there is no mention of staying off the pitch.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Typically, did my back in yesterday, but at the weekend, had a call from the club as the ticket I'd bought (toward the back of the NS) had - due to a glitch on their system - already been sold, so they've moved me to the disabled accompaniment seating at the very front. I was worried then about the persistent rain we seem to have at the moment, but with a knackered back, that seat might be a far better option due to the extra space. However, if the discomfort gets too much for me, I might have to hobble out early... The realist/pessimist in me is that we probably won't thrash MC, so less likely to want to jump around when the ball goes in the back of the net!

I went to the Chelsea friendly, and Southampton in December, so if the logistics are the same as for those games, nice and straightforward, those who've yet to go to a game under the current restrictions should hopefully be pleasantly surprised.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Enjoy the Lap of Honour from the City catering staff :thumbsup:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
All I can take from the bevy of statistics in the magnificent opening post is that it looks like we are finally due a win against this lot.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I've thought all this season that we've looked good for taking points off the top teams, but with Lamptey, Dunk, Veltman, March and Maupay out, I'm just starting to get very slight doubts about this one.

Time for a Potterball selection to confuse the hell out of City :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here