Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If you had to sell one of Bissouma or White, who would you choose and why?

Who would YOU sell?

• White

Votes: 71 72.4%
  • Bissouma

Votes: 27 27.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Because White doesn't challenge in the air like a dominant centre-half he doesn't get the recognition he deserves.
He reads the game beautifully, is very quick and also comfortable on the ball. He always seems to be available to receive a pass from Sanchez or Dunk when they are being pressed, and he then looks to play forward. He reminds me very much of Mark Lawrenson and I think he can eventually be as good as him.

Bissouma is the best player I have ever seen for tackling and winning back possession fairly. However his lack of goals along with the rest of our midfield is a significant weakness and has been a major part of our overall lack of goals. I think we wouldn't keep talking about the need for a top class quality striker if our midfield had scored more between them.
I'm hoping Moder and Caicedo both have a better goal scoring performance than Bissouma.

I'd keep Ben White ahead of Bissouma and I feel White will eventually go for a higher transfer fee than Bissouma.
White has the potential to be really good. Bobby Moore good.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Probably both of them.

Get some money in the bank to cut the losses.

Recall the guy from derby as cover at the back and we have enough midfielders to cover Bis.

I assume they will also look to replace Propper so maybe another midfielder to add to the current crop.

We also have the other South America guy to slot in somewhere as well as bring Molder on.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
A few too many of these threads about selling our best players

I'd like to keep both of them if they want to stay, but will be happy for them if they get a chance of a huge move and we get a good fee.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I think it was best summed up on another thread where the concensus was that if we sold Biss we would need to have two players to replace him and do the job he does for us.

Biss is different class. If the club's aspiration to become a top 10 side is to come to fruition, we need to keep the quality of Biss.

White is good but we have other good centre backs.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Ben White - only because we appear to have cornered the market/alchemy in producing central(ish) defenders whereas Biss is a world class midfielder. Both exceptional footballers though. Both probably destined for 'bigger' clubs but may stick around more than we all think when the Albion have got European football after next season:rave:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
White is a decent player but we would benefit far more by selling him. His price is likely to be inflated because he is English and therefore counts as a home grown player. If we were in Europe next season, I'd probably go for Bissouma.

It's all irrelevant anyway IMO. White needs another season here before it is reasonable to entertain a move to a big European challenging club. Bissouma has done his time, been outstanding and if we are going to cash in at all on him and the player has loftier ambitions, it probably has to happen this summer.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
If we're ignoring the players' contracts and wishes then White. We can cover losing White better than we can cover losing Bissouma.

However, Bissouma has two years left on his contract and if doesn't want to sign a new contract then now might be the moment to let him go if we get a good offer.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I chose White. Not because I want him to go, more because we have a lot of competition there. Going in to next season, starting with a back three from Dunk, Webster, Burn, Veltman and potentially Ostigard is still very well stocked.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bissouma. He has 2 years left on his deal, if we don't sell this summer he probably walks away for free

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If we're ignoring the players' contracts and wishes then White. We can cover losing White better than we can cover losing Bissouma.

However, Bissouma has two years left on his contract and if doesn't want to sign a new contract then now might be the moment to let him go if we get a good offer.

Short termism! White's value is likely to increase hugely with another successful season or two in the PL, and a regular England place. Bissouma is probably closer to his maximum value now, and likely not to be hugely more expensive in 12 month's time.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think we’d miss White more than Bissouma. His reading of the game is outstanding and his strengths are ideal for the type of game and formation GP likes to play.

Also, it seems to really annoy Leeds fans to see him playing for us.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
They're both fantastic players but for me its Ben White. He's brilliant and I would be sad to lose him but strangely he'd also easier to replace. If you're a good centre back you're a good centre back in most teams, the skills are transferable, so with the money we'd be sure to find a decent replacement (or even replace with a player we already own). But finding a player to replace Bissouma's qualities is much trickier. We could spend £30m on a replacement who's been great in another team and it easily not work out.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
White as he'd be easier to replace with someone who could hit the ground running

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here