Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Face masks must be worn at all times?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just read through the club guidance for tomorrow night and noticed that face masks must be worn at all times. I am pretty sure when I first read the info before buying the tickets it said you could take them off when seated. Did they change it or did I read it wrong the first time?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
My print at home ticket says on it that it's OK to remove masks when seated.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There was a reference somewhere pre-purchase about not requiring a mask to be worn whilst in your seat, but that was an error and was corrected.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My print at home ticket says on it that it's OK to remove masks when seated.

It's not (unfortunately).

I checked in with the club when this was raised a week or so ago, and it was confirmed that masks have to be worn at all times unless eating/drinking.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It's not (unfortunately).

I checked in with the club when this was raised a week or so ago, and it was confirmed that masks have to be worn at all times unless eating/drinking.

Can see the stewards are going to be busy tomorrow then, seeing as it is right there on the tickets.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
From the pre-match brief email:

BRING YOUR FACE COVERING
You must wear a face mask at all times.

Seeing as half the posts of any thread on here about tickets and matches coming up is people saying they've not received the emails I wouldn't count on lots of people having seen that.

Also I honestly couldn't recall the last time I read a pre-match brief. It was always a load of guff when I did use to read them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I doubt it will be enforced strictly. Just hold a pie and pint in your hands at all times.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It makes me chuckle when I read that, and having to bring photo ID. We have facial recognition cameras which are redundant or is everyone going to have to remove their mask as we go in?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It’s Premier League policy. The Face Visor brigade won’t be allowed in either (they do remind me of Alan Partridge and his 12” plate hack at the Linton Travel Tavern).

“Face coverings: You must wear a face covering at all times in and around the stadium; and while sat in your seat – the ONLY exception is when you are eating or drinking.

Please note this is Premier League policy and will be in place for all Premier League matches.

To that end, the Premier League considers a suitable face covering to be a medical or cloth face covering which is affixed behind the ears – and NOT face visors or shields, snoods and/or scarves.”

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Certainly didn't look like Barnsley fans were wearing them this evening.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
None of you go to the Southampton or Sheff games? If nobodies around you you’ll be fine wearing it on your chin :lol:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
None of you go to the Southampton or Sheff games? If nobodies around you you’ll be fine wearing it on your chin :lol:

Went to both...took until second half of the Southampton game before I dared to...didn’t help having a steward sit in front of me :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here